DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The 4Runner is this way. Great rig, but it drives a 1/2 size bigger than a Wrangler.
He also talked of the lack of a manual transmission in the 4RUnner. Too bad because it used to have a nice one. But it was smaller then, too. I had a 96 and a 2000 4Runner. They were nice and better off-road than most SUV's, but that IFS was unnerving when you'd get a wheel or sometimes two off the ground, which was often. But I did like those trucks. I just didn't like feeling like I was sitting on the floor. It was tough for my 6'5" frame on long trips.
Sponsored

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
He also talked of the lack of a manual transmission in the 4RUnner. Too bad because it used to have a nice one. But it was smaller then, too. I had a 96 and a 2000 4Runner. They were nice and better off-road than most SUV's, but that IFS was unnerving when you'd get a wheel or sometimes two off the ground, which was often. But I did like those trucks. I just didn't like feeling like I was sitting on the floor. It was tough for my 6'5" frame on long trips.
Ha ha, not to turn this into a 4Runner thread, but back when I was younger I really wanted one of those years you had, but couldn't afford it at the time.

I remember the earlier models you could take the back top off. I also liked how the back window rolled down.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ha ha, not to turn this into a 4Runner thread, but back when I was younger I really wanted one of those years you had, but couldn't afford it at the time.

I remember the earlier models you could take the back top off. I also liked how the back window rolled down.
THose were great! The removable top was 1 gen before my 96. They were solid machines. Not trouble free like everyone in Toyotaland wants us to believe, but they were good trucks. I think that gen with the removable top would have been a blast with a 5 speed manual.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I also liked how the back window rolled down.
I had a 1992 red SR5 back when I was younger. The best truck I ever owned. As a dog owner, those power tailgate windows were awesome on trail drives and long road trips. Just pop them down for a minute and the dogs get some fresh air without having to stop. Really miss that convenience.

Sponsored

Billy Baldone

First Name
William Stutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 JL Willy's
i love this video. We have a 2dr Willy's with auto/Tech package/Cold weather package that we ordered for Mrs Billy. We also got the premium soft top. The hard top was just not easy for my wife to use. I'm contemplating a stripper Willy's like Tommy got.... i am also on the Bronco waiting list. I'm guessing I am about a year plus out for the Bronco. My timeframe is my Cherokee Trailhawk. I want top $$$ for it right now. So ordering a Wrangler may be the best option for me. A 228i convertible is also an option for my wife, and I take the Wrangler. But all of the reasons Tommy got his Willy's are the same we got one too

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
The basic Rubicon still seems like a no brainer to me, especially if you want a manual trans. It comes with stronger axles, better gearing, raised flares, lockers and swaybar disconnect and it will take 35's with exactly zero mods and be a great combination of trail rig and driver.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Man, they are going nuts on the bronco6g forum about this video, serous venom towards TFL. Haters gonna hate.
Funny, as the vast majority of their members don't have a Bronco, nor have they ever driven one or probably seen one in person.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, as the vast majority of their members don't have a Bronco, nor have they ever driven one or probably seen one in person.
Sounds like Sunday morning worship! 😫

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Another interesting thing he talked about was how the Bronco felt bigger.

I know it's a little bigger than the Wrangler, but he said it drove like it was bigger, more like a mid-sized truck. I thought that was interesting.

My other Jeep is a Renegade Trailhawk. My 2 dr Wrangler feels quite a bit bigger in comparison. But not in a bad way.

In general, I'm favorably impressed with the TFL videos.

Sponsored

BillWorkbench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-door Sport S (Stock)
Occupation
IT person
I just watched the ENTIRE 21 min video. Worth the watch.

Anyway, my takes from a 2020, 2 Door Sport owner and a daughter with a 2021 2 door Willys.

1. I am glad I got the keyless entry, that would bug me every time I unlocked my door and reaching across to unlock the passenger door.

2. The Willys package is a great package, my daughter has one. Has a few extra things over my Sport S, I guess that is what the aftermarket is for.

3. I like having CarPlay with Gaia. Although I never get lost, at least until I am out of gas.

4. Some days I wish I got a manual, most days I am very happy with the automatic.

All and all I am happy with my Jeep, and I am sure that he will be happy with his. With the exception of the manual door locks. I am sure there will be a video about that soone.

BillWorkbench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-door Sport S (Stock)
Occupation
IT person
I just watched the ENTIRE 21 min video. Worth the watch.

Anyway, my takes from a 2020, 2 Door Sport owner and a daughter with a 2021 2 door Willys.

1. I am glad I got the keyless entry, that would bug me every time I unlocked my door and reaching across to unlock the passenger door.

2. The Willys package is a great package, my daughter has one. Has a few extra things over my Sport S, I guess that is what the aftermarket is for.

3. I like having CarPlay with Gaia. Although I never get lost, at least until I am out of gas.

4. Some days I wish I got a manual, most days I am very happy with the automatic.

5. Regarding the Ford Bronco. I agree with his assessment on first-year cars may have unforeseen issues. I am also certain that he wanted a new car NOW, and did not want to wait for the Bronco.

All and all I am happy with my Jeep, and I am sure that he will be happy with his. With the exception of the manual door locks. I am sure there will be a video about that soone.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
@Joe98

It's a bit more than that over the Sport. You get the D44/M220 with limited slip, HD shocks, HD brakes and rock sliders standard. Plus the black grille, black aluminum wheels with 32" tires, tinted rear windows, different front bumper (Sahara I think) and some decals. All for about $1900 over the Sport.
That's a very good deal for $1900. I don't remember? Does the Willys get the larger Rubicon brakes?

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
That's a very good deal for $1900. I don't remember? Does the Willys get the larger Rubicon brakes?
Yes. If you look at the standard features of both, it says Heavy-Duty 4-Wheel Disc Anti-Lock Brakes.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
That video made me willing to wait a couple more weeks before I cancel my order. Because i'm 4 months in this thing and I have absolutely no news about my Wrangler order. None. No VIN yet.

But this is my dream car. So I guess I'll wait...
Sponsored