2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
And the truth comes out in there latest video showing off his Dads new launch edition he just bought. The real reason he bought a Wrangler was he couldnā€™t get a Bronco and the ā€œprice was out of my budgetā€. Sounds to me like he actually wanted one instead of the Wrangler but couldnā€™t afford one.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
And the truth comes out in there latest video showing off his Dads new launch edition he just bought. The real reason he bought a Wrangler was he couldnā€™t get a Bronco and the ā€œprice was out of my budgetā€. Sounds to me like he actually wanted one instead of the Wrangler but couldnā€™t afford one.
Base Broncos are cheaper than the base Willys he bought.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Buying a Bronco for the channel has 0 to do with any of them wanting 1. It's about the views. It's about creating content period. Obviously it would be dumb to buy a new JL for tfl, with tfl money when a 2022 is virtually no different than a 2018. Were they equally attainable would he have bought a Bronco with his personal money? Who knows because they aren't, and won't be for a long while yet. When you see what reviewers buy and drive with their own money, that is far more relevant than what the company buys.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...co-with-sasquatch-package.76369/#post-1589181

It should be interesting to see and hear what their opinions are of both. Hopefully they take both on the same trips and drives and talk about the pros and cons of both. Maybe we will get a some insight about QC and longer term durability also.

A interesting question later on. Which they buy again after owning and driving both? And why?

Last edited:

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
There is no point being on Youtube if you cannot create lots of content. You need views to survive.

They publish content that we want to watch. There is no other way. Once the analysis is real and not designed to make sponsers happy, it is all good.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Given TFLā€™s viewer numbers, I guarantee you they could buy a Bronco every month if they wanted to. None of this is about ā€œaffordabilityā€ unless Dad is paying Tommy a small salary.

And thatā€™s fine. Itā€™s a good channel with enjoyable content. I like those guys better than 99% of YouTubers and wish them well. Looking forward to some fun stuff in the months ahead.

Sponsored

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
That look was all the rage 15 years ago...
That is literally how Toyota works too, heck Honda is the same. I drive a lot of different brands for work, Toyota and Honda has the worst tech and cockpit ergo I've driven. Maybe the reason the Japanese brands are so loved and have "less problems" is they never update anything

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I tried to buy one of my favorite pizzas with pineapples on it today, but forgot that they are closed on Monday and Tuesday.

Just to keep this Jeep related, I wonder how many pineapple plantations use Jeeps? Since most are grown in the Phillipines now, and Jeeps are so popular there, I would guess quite a few. I would also guess that you would not find any Broncos on a pineapple plantation.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Thank God. Everytime a pizza with pineapple is made a kitten dies šŸˆ.
Damn, I'm cheating owls an coyotes out of a meal.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Well, I've been reading though this thread and am late to the discussion. I've really enjoyed TFL video over the years. A lot of good information and I learned a lot from them. This video by Tommy was no exception.

If I had known more about the Willy's that would have been the model I would have sought out. My 2 door Jl sport is basically optioned like a Willy's minus the Rubicon suspension and rock rails.
Sponsored