Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Shitposting on a Friday night. The probability of alcohol being involved is very high.
It's the slow season. Companies are either getting busy or slowing down for the end of the year depending what industry you're in, it's getting colder outside so more time spent inside... @Scott B was probably just bored and wanted to see the forum poppin again. Nothing worse than getting on the forum and seeing relatively low activity. I mean even the "please delete" threads aren't getting nearly as many pages as they used to a couple weeks and or months ago.

Or maybe he's missing my retarded posts? 🤷‍♂️ I've been trying to stay under the radar for a little bit so I don't get banned after my last few threads!

Jeep Wrangler JL Why the 3.0 is better than the 392 friends-joey-tribbiani (13)
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's not even up for discussion!!!

So best horsepower and torque in your book goes to the engine with the least horsepower and torque?

Yeah, I love my EcoDiesel, but I'm not going to blatantly lie about it. There are assholes like me that'll hopefully keep me in line ;).

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I would like to try the EcoDiesel - in a 2 door. 👍
One of these days my goal is to seal up my rear doors so only the front doors are functionable. I guess technically it would be considered a two-door at that point. It would be cool to replace the rear doors with permanent body panels. Albeit maybe removable body panels, but body panels all the same!

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
Or I am just being a dick. What point am I missing since I owned one since the shitty 314 or 304 or whatever the shit engine I owned in 1978 CJ7.

I have owned, 3.7, 3.6, 2.4 Etc. But out of all those engines 3.0 was best, even better than 392. Just saying. I would love to own the 392. Just can't but 3.0 is still the best engine in a Wrangler bar none.
Drinking and posting late at night doesn't look or feel as good the next day ;) Am I right?

I'd actually argue the 2.0 is the best engine in a modern Jeep.

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
It's the slow season. Companies are either getting busy or slowing down for the end of the year depending what industry you're in, it's getting colder outside so more time spent inside... @Scott B was probably just bored and wanted to see the forum poppin again. Nothing worse than getting on the forum and seeing relatively low activity. I mean even the "please delete" threads aren't getting nearly as many pages as they used to a couple weeks and or months ago.

Or maybe he's missing my retarded posts? 🤷‍♂️ I've been trying to stay under the radar for a little bit so I don't get banned after my last few threads!

Nah. Two posts about the GM pickup alone. He was drunk.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Drinking and posting late at night doesn't look or feel as good the next day ;) Am I right?

I'd actually argue the 2.0 is the best engine in a modern Jeep.
Honestly it is the closest to the 3.0. biggest downside it being a gasser.

I think the biggest difference between the 3.0 and all of the other engines is that all of the other engines are really good for very specific things, the 3.0 is good for everything combined.

That's what I was getting at in my first post @Ratbert

Best MPGs: 4xE, 3.0, 2.0
Best throttle: 392, 4xE, 3.0
Best off-roading (low end torque): 3.0, 2.0
Best total mileage (per tank of fuel): 3.0, 2.0
Best tire size options on OEM gearing: 3.0
Highest overall upkeep cost over lifetime of vehicle: 4xE, 392, 3.0

See what I'm saying though? It may not be the best in every category, but it places in every category. No other engine in the lineup does that!

It literally is the best overall engine option in the Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Why the 3.0 is better than the 392 Facts

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I am really not giving you guys shit just defending my little 3.0 in our world. Everyone seems to shit on the EcoDiesel so thought I would shit on 100k jeeps.
I like to think my personal Wrangler is only worth about $9,000 after all I've done to it in the last 2 years. 🧐

But it was optioned out to $43,000 when I first purchased it.

They have Wranglers that do less than the EcoDiesel, that are twice as much as that!

Jeep Wrangler JL Why the 3.0 is better than the 392 boom-mind-blown

tonyndls

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Jeep Wrangler JL Why the 3.0 is better than the 392 boom-mind-blown

Thanks for playing. Please try again.

Toyota has had more than their fair share of bull$hit happen to their vehicles just like any other manufacturer. You just don’t hear about it because so many people hang off of their nuts preaching how perfect their Toyota is.
They haven’t jumped on to the newer batteries that seem to be a problem all around 😜 I think they’re going hydrogen. BTW I don’t have Toyota I have a Ram and rubicon diesel

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
They haven’t jumped on to the newer batteries that seem to be a problem all around 😜 I think they’re going hydrogen. BTW I don’t have Toyota I have a Ram and rubicon diesel
They're close to a breakthrough on SS battery tech

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Reading this today vs last night while I was drinking and saw @Scott.B post this...I'm glad I didn't respond THEN lol

I passed out on my keyboard. Hopefully his night ended better 😆

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
All I got to say is, I'M HOT FOR CUMMINS!!! 😍

Though I don't have a Cummins right yet, I will have a 2500 one of these days! The question becomes, buy an older model year and enjoy the project and the quality, or buy a newer model year and enjoy the luxury the comfort at the downside of the cost?

Donncada

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep JLURD, '94 Jeep YJ, '89 Jeep XJ (RIP)
Clubs

I love my EcoDiesel, but I'm calling bullshit.

The EcoDiesel has, by a wide margin, the worst horsepower of the three, right? And it's not even in the same ballpark as the 392 or the 4xe.

It's also got the least torque, but it's at least close. Hell, we can't even make it to 5,252 RPM where horsepower and torque intersect.

HorsepowerTorque
EcoDiesel260442
4xe375470

Yep, it's got the best fuel economy. If I wanted to brag about that I guess I'd own a Prius.
Let's start tracking 1/4 mile times right? The Diesel will likely lose ;)

Add the Banks Derringer for $800 and it is a "claimed" 317 / 515.
I'm sure the 392 can be tuned but the 4xe?
I haven't dyno'd it yet 'til the HPFS is replaced so we'll see.
I personally got the ecoDiesel for range, towing through passes, and low end torque.
On the torque side, I have to say, obstacles are almost uneventful for the Jeep as long as driver doesn't get it hung up!
That, and I came of the Rubicon Trail after three full days of wheeling and used 1/8th of tank.

John D

jberry187

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon (JLURD), 1997 Wrangler Sahara
This is a cool thread. It invited a lot of people to join in on a spirited discussion. Wranglers are awesome because there's enough variety that you can likely snag one that fits just right. And if your ride's missing something, no biggie—just toss in some cash or swap out some parts, and you're good to go. It's like playing with grown-up Legos.

But let's be real—there's something a bit off about all us Wrangler owners. These rides don't exactly ace it in terms of reliability, resale value, or performance. Still, we keep coming back for more, dropping cash like it's nothing. I could've snagged a more reliable, cheaper SUV, but here I am, sticking with my Wrangler, and that's not changing.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.