Sponsored

Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles?

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I think they look stupid and they ruin the style of a Jeep. Look more like something that a riced out Civic should have.

Grumpers are even worse.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I saw one the other day, had the angry grill and Red rimmed Halo lights. I like it. I can see how some of the more ignorant of our Jeep ways could take it as something bad. But being a deeply embedded Jeep person I think they are great. Its like the color Pink. I absolutely cant stand anything Pink, so when I see a "Pink" decked out vehicle I automatically roll my eyes and wonder why that person got out of bed.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Different Folks make the world go around. But that's a NO for me. 😎

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
There's a few Jeeps around my area that have the angry grille. Even before buying mine I never did care for them. I'm a bit too fond of that iconic seven slot grille.

However, it is not my Jeep. If they dig it, that's cool, power to them. It just sure as hell is not for me. *laughs*

Sponsored

GeckoJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Baja Yellow
Angry grill
Grumper
Hi lift across the hood
Hi lift mounted next to the driver door
Rotopax gas cans
“overlanding”
People that carry all their “overlanding” crap on their rig ALL THE TIME
6 sets of cube lights and 4 light bars
Naming jeeps
Painting trim pieces “accent colors”
20” wheels (unless a beach cruiser)
Giant banners across the windshield representing your jeep club that has 200,000 members
“Roll cages”
All crap I find stupid.
BUT, it’s your Jeep, do what you want with it.
What's wrong with naming your Jeep? 9/10 it's not tattooed on the vehicle

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
If you paid for it, do whatever you want. Opinions don’t really mean much, after all we got Joe Biden!

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392XR, 2019 WK2 LtdX, 2017 JK, 2006 XK
Come to think about it....I think you should go ALL IN on the toughness level and get yourself some of these:
Jeep Wrangler JL Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles? truck-nuts

Sponsored

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
I never hated the angry grills, just never cared for them. I don't care for gate keeping a brand either.

For the people hating on the mall crawler segment, its what makes Jeep the most profitable brand on earth. They market this cringy overland off-road life style to these people and it is something that enrages the die hards. If it wasn't for the mall crawlers emptying their wallets at dealerships, Daimler probably would have sold the brand off to GM or something.

A lot of the Jeeps now, you can't even see the grilles. The front is loaded with bull bars, lights, winches and whatever else they can throw at them. The Sahara has to be the ugliest Jeep ever created, 20in wheels, really? The whole trim should come with a bag of soccer balls and a couple of 10 year olds.

I skipped over the whole JK model, my LJ was enough for me. My wife wanted a Jeep, so I got her the JL sport, to me, it wasn't a real Wrangler, it felt so big and clunky driving it. Then she got bored with it and said all she sees are 18 year olds and she doesn't understand why old men are always waving at her. I ended up taking it, cause I still had 2 years left on the lease and it grew on me and now im trading it in for a Rubicon 4xe with over $10,000 in equity on it (pre-covid buy).

People change, life is too short to care about what others think.

(No offense to Sahara owners, I am sure yours are great)

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I never hated the angry grills, just never cared for them. I don't care for gate keeping a brand either.

For the people hating on the mall crawler segment, its what makes Jeep the most profitable brand on earth. They market this cringy overland off-road life style to these people and it is something that enrages the die hards. If it wasn't for the mall crawlers emptying their wallets at dealerships, Daimler probably would have sold the brand off to GM or something.

A lot of the Jeeps now, you can't even see the grilles. The front is loaded with bull bars, lights, winches and whatever else they can throw at them. The Sahara has to be the ugliest Jeep ever created, 20in wheels, really? The whole trim should come with a bag of soccer balls and a couple of 10 year olds.

I skipped over the whole JK model, my LJ was enough for me. My wife wanted a Jeep, so I got her the JL sport, to me, it wasn't a real Wrangler, it felt so big and clunky driving it. Then she got bored with it and said all she sees are 18 year olds and she doesn't understand why old men are always waving at her. I ended up taking it, cause I still had 2 years left on the lease and it grew on me and now im trading it in for a Rubicon 4xe with over $10,000 in equity on it (pre-covid buy).

People change, life is too short to care about what others think.

(No offense to Sahara owners, I am sure yours are great)
Hate to break it to you but your 4xe is a mall crawler, and the only one who will know your not driving a Sahara is you.

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
Hate to break it to you but your 4xe is a mall crawler, and the only one who will know your not driving a Sahara is you.
Whatever makes you feel better bud, enjoy our 4 wheeled purse.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
🤣 Gotta love a community that willing shits on its own members’ personal taste. Rock crawling, mall crawling, or electric charge point crawling; with angry eyes, lazy electronically controlled whatevers, non veteran with the military theme, or beadlocks that may only see the dirt of the random pumpkin patch your wife drags you to, in the end do what you want with your own ride and ignore the ridiculously grumpy old turds with more opinions than sense.
Sponsored