Sponsored

Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles?

moniquehun

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I love my angry grille. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. People say my Jeep matches my personality, and I think that’s awesome to have a vehicle like me. Why the hate for these grilles?
Just think all eyes on you...I love people to stare do what you like/love

Rat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Sport Base 6c/Mt... ac only.
I always think they look like the grumpy kitty internet phenom from a few years ago. I just love the iconic grill of all models. Hated that cat...

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I think they are great! I want one and I am going to put the Ring headlights in and make them Red. Why you ask??? And I honestly, do not think I give a rats ass what anyone but me thinks...... So when you see me coming just get off the road. Cause I dont care about squat.

Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
When my husband hit a deer the one time he drove my jeep, I needed a replacement for my JK (in my profile picture) and they were that prevalent. I liked it but also like the previous grill. It's the beauty of owning a Jeep no matter what model you can make it your own. My new one is still stock with the exception of the tires and rims, Granite Crystal, no accent colors, some would say boring, plain Jane but that's what I want and that's what I have. Enjoy what you have and don't worry about the haters, haters are always going to hate at something!

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Passed a girl driving an angry grilled JL yesterday, she didn't even fxxkn wave back!

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
She was an angry bitch. I waved at a Girl in an angry eyed Jeep and she flipped me the bird. I waved back. All was cool.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They make me question the person behind the wheel, but that's quickly washed away by being thankful it wasn't my money that was wasted.

My constructive advice is to not throw away the original grill, if there's even a slight chance of not running the jeep into the ground. The next owner will be very thankful, and will probably pay a tad more if it's swapped back before being photographed and advertised.

Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
They make me question the person behind the wheel, but that's quickly washed away by being thankful it wasn't my money that was wasted.

My constructive advice is to not throw away the original grill, if there's even a slight chance of not running the jeep into the ground. The next owner will be very thankful, and will probably pay a tad more if it's swapped back before being photographed and advertised.
I wouldn’t look twice at used Jeep with an angry grill, it screams “I’m owned by a privileged teenager who abused me and painted my interior bolts and door handles. I also smell like black ice inside”.

RideGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saraha JLU
I made it to about page 6 of this thread, and I'm dying laughing.

My son saw the angry eyes grill and told me we had to have it. Found it cheap at a local shop and put it on. No idea there was any hate for this grill in the jeep community (well, I am very new to the jeep community).

I showed him this thread, and told him we need to take it off. I told him we should plastidip the original grill black and put it back on. He just messaged back with only 1 word.... "NEVER!". :CWL:

Osmotech

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Ok, so to bring this post back up. I never knew there was so much hate for these grills. I just put one on my Jeep because I like the look. Around here everyone has the factory grill and I like the fact that mine is different. Though I did have it painted. If you own it, own it. Do what you want.

20210917_135020.jpg

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
It's misplaced hate, lying to themselves out of ignorance of what the original actually looked like (it was not 7 slots). Anyone can google old war photos and see how many slots the first "Jeep" really had (search for Bantam Car Company or Ford Pygmy or Willys Quad). Even wikipedia has decent coverage.

End of the day it's your vehicle you bought with your money and the haters aren't paying a dime. They're probably a lower quality of person you don't need in your life anyhow. :like:

Disclaimer: If I bought a grille it would be to open the front end to more cooling, not block it off. Function over fashion, but that's just me. I try my best not to hate on other people's rigs.

Last edited:

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I don't hate them, just would not put one on my Jeep. I started driving an old 47 Willy's on my grandfathers farm at about 8 years old and love the nostalgia behind the original grill. Not too many vehicles out there that have held true to the grill and overall look like a Wrangler.
Sponsored