Sponsored

Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles?

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
I agree with the gentleman above about blocking the headlights. Dont people bitch enough how bad the light out put is on the factory lights.
Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Daring to be different comes at a cost. Immature people always ridicule things that are different or they don’t understand. And like they say if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen. If you can’t handle any negative criticism don’t do any modifications. Also don’t get in the acting or Advertising. You will cry a lot.. LOL

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Daring to be different comes at a cost. Immature people always ridicule things that are different or they don’t understand. And like they say if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen. If you can’t handle any negative criticism don’t do any modifications. Also don’t get in the acting or Advertising. You will cry a lot.. LOL
I could’ve sworn I read you ridiculing the new and different 4xe a few weeks ago. No?

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
"My Jeep's grille looks as tough as I wish I was."

It's like the fake muscles on the Batman suit. You ain't some hard-as-nails badass. Throwing money at a cosmetic part for your Jeep that makes it look "angry" won't make you one either.

And yes, I concede that "it's your Jeep, do what you want" is true. Completely true. And you can have a mullet too. It's your hair. Party on, Wayne.

Sponsored

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
....It's the same people who you see spewing vitriol and hate over the "ducking" jeeps movement because "they touched my car" or "trash for me to throw away" or some other fkin nonsense excuse.

Egos and masculinity so fragile that a duck on their jeep leads to threats of violence.
I don't get the vitriol either. I was ducked once about a month after I got my JL. It's my good luck charm and It has never left the cubby on the dash.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles? 20210118_122629

..as to the angry grill - not my thing. Jeeps are chill, fun vehicles not a character in 'The Road Warrior'.

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Angry Eyes Mod reveals very limited taste and education from the owner. Limited people tend to be a bit frowned upon and a bit crappy in all aspects of life.

TRUE STORY.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
“I Know It Was You, Fredo. You Broke My Heart. You Broke My Heart!”

Jeep is a family and the seven-slot grille children are the special kids (we don’t need to know whether you rode the short bus or not). Removing that grille or altering its looks so the vehicle is not easily and immediately recognizable as a Jeep (Wrangler) is a betrayal of the family and is cause for being disavowed. That means you are on your own and may not even be eligible for benefits such as hanging with other members of the family or getting the Jeep wave returned. In fact, it brings into question your entire Jeep association.

“Fredo…don’t ever take sides against the family.”

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Although "angry eyes" doesn't fit with the look I'm going for, I don't think they're ugly. I believe most people who react negatively to them do so because it's somehow cool not to like them. As to the argument "they aren't functional..." the hood stickers and red dash panels that came on my Rubicon aren't functional either- but I like the way they look.

It's like tattoos... not for me personally, but they look really awesome on other people!

Sponsored

Guy Jepsy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Rubicon JLU
Simple, most people look upon the Jeep as their happy place. A place away from all the angry eyed people. Just don’t want an angry eyed Jeep following me up into the mountains to my happy place.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles? 3A306312-B9E9-442E-95A0-68FA66C43D70

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
The slotted Jeep grille is ICONIC. I would never change it just for that fact alone. It’s one of the reasons to buy a Jeep.

Bilal074

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 6spd JL rubicon
It's not the grill's fault it's the fault of the people who make and buy them.
Sponsored