Sponsored

Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles?

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
I never hated the angry grills, just never cared for them. I don't care for gate keeping a brand either.

For the people hating on the mall crawler segment, its what makes Jeep the most profitable brand on earth. They market this cringy overland off-road life style to these people and it is something that enrages the die hards. If it wasn't for the mall crawlers emptying their wallets at dealerships, Daimler probably would have sold the brand off to GM or something.

A lot of the Jeeps now, you can't even see the grilles. The front is loaded with bull bars, lights, winches and whatever else they can throw at them. The Sahara has to be the ugliest Jeep ever created, 20in wheels, really? The whole trim should come with a bag of soccer balls and a couple of 10 year olds.

I skipped over the whole JK model, my LJ was enough for me. My wife wanted a Jeep, so I got her the JL sport, to me, it wasn't a real Wrangler, it felt so big and clunky driving it. Then she got bored with it and said all she sees are 18 year olds and she doesn't understand why old men are always waving at her. I ended up taking it, cause I still had 2 years left on the lease and it grew on me and now im trading it in for a Rubicon 4xe with over $10,000 in equity on it (pre-covid buy).

People change, life is too short to care about what others think.

(No offense to Sahara owners, I am sure yours are great)
Did you eat paint chips as a kid?
Sponsored

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
🤣 Gotta love a community that willing shits on its own members’ personal taste. Rock crawling, mall crawling, or electric charge point crawling; with angry eyes, lazy electronically controlled whatevers, non veteran with the military theme, or beadlocks that may only see the dirt of the random pumpkin patch your wife drags you to, in the end do what you want with your own ride and ignore the ridiculously grumpy old turds with more opinions than sense.

I agree with this sentiment. I can't stand the hypocrites though, which is why I will take a dig here or there. The 4xe definitely brings out the cranks, as if their 4 door JLUs are etched in Jeep lore.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 3.6 Auto
I agree with the above. The grill is iconic and the angry face on it looks childish to me.

But if you look at automotive design headlights in general have been getting more aggressive in the last decade or so, so it isn't that surprising. The new Defender basically comes with angry eyes stock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles? A08934FA-9645-4B7F-BB91-0932CAB48A5C

Agree, yet another reason not to buy that british piece a' 💩

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
No no you’re doing it all wrong. Get the “carlashes” for the “mamas home watch out” look:

Jeep Wrangler JL Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles? A08934FA-9645-4B7F-BB91-0932CAB48A5C
Dangerous! My daughter almost saw those and I'd have to run them for a while until they "tragically fell off while driving down the highway".

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
🤣 Gotta love a community that willing shits on its own members’ personal taste. Rock crawling, mall crawling, or electric charge point crawling; with angry eyes, lazy electronically controlled whatevers, non veteran with the military theme, or beadlocks that may only see the dirt of the random pumpkin patch your wife drags you to, in the end do what you want with your own ride and ignore the ridiculously grumpy old turds with more opinions than sense.
Like I have found out and said before Jeepers are different breed. :lipssealed::headbang:

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
It doesn’t look like a Jeep anymore. I typically buy a car/truck because I like its body lines or the way it looks from the factory. I think modifications are supposed to complement the factory look, not detract from it. That’s just my opinion and worth nothing more than the words written here.

6D780058-522E-47CD-9B3F-83DECCE5FF97.jpeg

6BED04A4-7A4B-4462-9C3C-F8C264F53FA4.jpeg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn’t look like a Jeep anymore. I typically buy a car/truck because I like its body lines or the way it looks from the factory. I think modifications are supposed to complement the factory look, not detract from it. That’s just my opinion and worth nothing more than the words written here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles? 6BED04A4-7A4B-4462-9C3C-F8C264F53FA4

Jeep Wrangler JL Why so much hate for angry eyes grilles? 6BED04A4-7A4B-4462-9C3C-F8C264F53FA4
New James Bond trailer can be seen on 10-12-21

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I love my angry grille. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. People say my Jeep matches my personality, and I think that’s awesome to have a vehicle like me. Why the hate for these grilles?
Do you have an aggressive personality?

Kidding aside. Jeep's style is all about being timeless, classic. The Wrangler's grille is a timeless design. That's why people don't like it. Also, why does the Jeep have to look like it is taking a hard shit all the time?

Now that's why I personally don't like it. but if you like it, then who cares?. I like stubby bumpers and some people dont. it doesnt matter.

Last edited:

Revs2ninegrand

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I don't/won't have the angry face on my build, but to me, Jeeps are adult Legos. You can build them any way you want. How boring would it be if we all had the same mods.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Keep in mind, this is the same forum that insists on posting constantly about test driving Bronco's and whatever news comes out about them. Went to the Bronco forum on a whim one time and absolutely ZERO threads worrying about the Wrangler...

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Keep in mind, this is the same forum that insists on posting constantly about test driving Bronco's and whatever news comes out about them. Went to the Bronco forum on a whim one time and absolutely ZERO threads worrying about the Wrangler...
Brand loyalty/tribalism can make for a toxic group of people, just like the harley crowd. Purists are the problem. A jeep is just an expensive tool.
Sponsored