Sponsored

Why so many doors

What was the driving factor in getting the 4 door?

• Total voters

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
It has a lot more to do with wheelbase than the number of doors, for me. On road stability with strong side winds and on ice, as well as better climbing and descending capability.

I think the 4d is a little long, but that works better than the 2d which is too short.
Wheelbase vs. Model.png
Sponsored

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
Kenny, your poll is definitely lacking 1 very important option. "Because the option I wanted isn't available in 2 door.

Can't get a Sahara in 2 door either.
If you want Sky One, Diesel, or Sahara you HAVE to get a 4 door. There may be other options too that are limited to 4 door but I don't know. Either way the poll should reflect this choice.

I totally agree with you. A 2 door Sahara would have been awesome. A well optioned 2 door Rubicon comes out easily at 55k. I think if the 2door would have had a lower price point vs the 4 door, it would sell alot more. The 2-door look way much better than the 4 door. Now, the drive I dont know about that. Somebody posted pics of a 2 door Sarge Green Rubicon....woooowww....

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Primary reason: size of the family. Honestly, if it wasn't for the size of the family, I'd have a regular convertible. I was looking for a convertible that could fit my whole family. If I had 2 kids rather than 3, I'd probably have bought a BMW 4-series or Audi A5 convertible.

Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Its really nice to have extra room for duct tape, rope, plastic bags, shovel and a hack saw.
Mmm, sounds like you may be using you Jeep for other things than off-roading. :surprised:

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
A 2 door with the rear seat removed has more space than a four door with the rear seats in place. So if you only ever need 2 seats and aren't putting the rear seats down, a 2 door would have served this need better.
That's a bit silly. Shall we pull the rear seats out of the four door and then compare again? If you have to retrofit one to be like the other....you just get the other.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
A 2 door with the rear seat removed has more space than a four door with the rear seats in place. So if you only ever need 2 seats and aren't putting the rear seats down, a 2 door would have served this need better.
Faulty logic.
Why not 4 door with the rear seats down for even more space?
I don't even need to go through the hassles of removing them.
Then plop them right back up when I need to pick up a few friends or family members.

Easy breezy.

mic.rempel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
I've owned both a 4-door and 2-door and can honestly say I don't miss the 4-door. In fact, I prefer how nimble the 2-door is. Personally I never really used the extra space and haven't run into a situation where I couldn't do what I wanted as a result of my Jeep's size.

Overlanding being the only exception ;)

Sponsored

See Through

First Name
Clover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
I own a small business and I can drive all my co-workers and our equipment to out-of-state events comfortably

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Faulty logic as well. Why not just get a Gladiator with even more space and still room for those few friends or family members? Even easier and breezier.
Because YOUR argument was made between the 2 door and 4 door JL.
The third variable was never introduced until YOU just brought it. Heck why not introduce troop carriers and cargo transports into the argument just for shits and giggles?
The amount of ridicule you got for your comment is usually a pretty good indication of how far your fell from your mark.
We could definitely be making comparisons between the 2 door JL and Gladiator and that's probably a whole different topic, as pointless as it would be.
Instead of sitting back and re-assessing your logic you decided to make an even more ridiculous counter, I think I'm just going to leave it alone.
I guess you are one of those who are never wrong on the internet.

Feel free to have another go at it.

Good day.

Last edited:

Bejer

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport Firecracker Red
LOL, it was simple for me. I have two daughters, it was a 4 door Jeep or no Jeep. I have no regrets.
Sponsored