Sponsored

Why Rubicon instead of Sport S when upgrading tires?

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I take my Rubicon where a sport wont go because of the lockers - I have had at least 4 times I was stuck until I locked front and rear - its common. You can add it to your sport later but I went rubicon for the lockers, sway bar disconnect, axel and cool hood. Keeping wheels and tires but will get 35's when tires are worn down at 45k or so.
Thanks @Outdoortree. It's a good example and I appreciate you sharing. The most honest answer on this thread.
Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Enjoy your rubicon that you clearly bought for the hood sticker.

Over compensation?

Lol have a good evening man.
You are so ignorant fella’

I have a 2014 JKU Sport and a 2018 JLU Rubi. I answered the OP with my opinion, as this is a collective forum and all thoughts and views are expected. You have a singular vision with your Sport. I believe the Rubi is better value and higher residuals, that’s what I’d recommend to anyone that asks...providing their budget allows. Go ahead and concoct another biased response, my opinion has been noted to the OP and that was my intention.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Thanks @Outdoortree. It's a good example and I appreciate you sharing. The most honest answer on this thread.
That's literally what we've been telling you this entire time, my dude.

Sponsored

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I love all jeeps equally. When I lived in Hawaii I almost got a jeep just to have a manly convertible but didn't :( and back then I would have purchased a sport because I was not doing any off roading just cruising to surf spots. Now I use it to hunt and get to back country fishing sports or off road as much as possible. Since I am not mechanically inclined I like doing easy upgrades like floor mats and maybe some spot lights in the future but the big stuff like lockers and engine stuff, count me out, I would have to pay a mechanic way too much. I bet a guy who is mechanically inclined would enjoy putting on lockers and lifts and other more difficult stuff. Putting on the tailgate table felt like a big accomplishment for me and it was fun so I am sure I would enjoy doing a lot more if I had that skill set.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I love all jeeps equally. When I lived in Hawaii I almost got a jeep just to have a manly convertible but didn't :( and back then I would have purchased a sport because I was not doing any off roading just cruising to surf spots. Now I use it to hunt and get to back country fishing sports or off road as much as possible. Since I am not mechanically inclined I like doing easy upgrades like floor mats and maybe some spot lights in the future but the big stuff like lockers and engine stuff, count me out, I would have to pay a mechanic way too much. I bet a guy who is mechanically inclined would enjoy putting on lockers and lifts and other more difficult stuff. Putting on the tailgate table felt like a big accomplishment for me and it was fun so I am sure I would enjoy doing a lot more if I had that skill set.
I had a TJ and didnt know how to do anything other than an oil change at the time. By the time I was finished I taught myself how to do so much.

It really got me into jeeps and the sole purpose of learning. I didnt have a dad growing up (passed away) so I learned on my own.

I dont offroad whatsoever so not sure I will add the upgraded axles, but the other things, I probably will over time. With people online modding everything, you are sure to find what you looking for without hiring a mechanic. (I hardly trust any of them due to past experiences).

Reach out anything I can help with. I sure have messed up enough to know how to do most things on a jeep now lol. But not all! Lol

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I had a TJ and didnt know how to do anything other than an oil change at the time. By the time I was finished I taught myself how to do so much.

It really got me into jeeps and the sole purpose of learning. I didnt have a dad growing up (passed away) so I learned on my own.

I dont offroad whatsoever so not sure I will add the upgraded axles, but the other things, I probably will over time. With people online modding everything, you are sure to find what you looking for without hiring a mechanic. (I hardly trust any of them due to past experiences).

Reach out anything I can help with. I sure have messed up enough to know how to do most things on a jeep now lol. But not all! Lol
AND YET YOU HAVE LIFTED YOUR SPORT AND ADDED BIGGER TIRES.

You are the same Rubi mall crawler you've been railing against. GTFO! :headbang:

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hello, fellow me

You are the same Rubi mall crawler you've been railing against. GTFO! :headbang:
Dude I like to sit up high when I drive. You have to be the biggest dumbass on here. It had nothing to do with taking it offroad. Lol

Just delete your account. It will do us all a favor rather than us losing brain cells reading your posts.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

You have a gmc as a profile pic. Your moms jeep doesn't count as yours. So you get the fuck out.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
You have a gmc as a profile pic. Your moms jeep doesn't count as yours. So you get the fuck out.
Dude I like to sit up high when I drive. You have to be the biggest dumbass on here. It had nothing to do with taking it offroad. Lol
Ahh, the personal insults arise. Everyone can reasonably see you're punching above your weight class, so I'd advise going to bed. Or maybe you can go take your 2.5 inch lift to Wal-Mart?

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure this is helping the OP. Buy what you need and what you can afford. You can mod anything. Look up the Prius with a Hellcat motor on the strip. Why? Because you can!
Sponsored