Why Not A Rubicon?

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Ah, yes, ok, was not thinking about those. Those are there too, but (at least for me), it is not overkill.
Yeah, for me it's too much. It'd be fine if I wanted a black or red or white, or even a silver Jeep. But I'm one for the bolder shades, and red looks like crud with bikini pearl. :P
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, for me it's too much. It'd be fine if I wanted a black or red or white, or even a silver Jeep. But I'm one for the bolder shades, and red looks like crud with bikini pearl. :P
...., or even better yet a Stingray Jeep! :rock:
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Not A Rubicon? 20200628_200601_resized

Couldn't help myself. :like:

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
When I was posted on Jalopnik over the winter, readers figured out this was a 2wd model (Yes, they briefly existed and people actually bought them).
All 2-door JK’s were 4WD, only the 4-door Unlimited was available in 2WD only

Whoaaa how long ago was that???
2007-10

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I am sadden by the fact that you are making fun of the ultra cute but a bit sad looking dog (now I know why) and using it as a comparison with red accents.
I am sadden by the fact that you are making fun of the ultra cute but a bit sad looking dog (now I know why) and using it as a comparison with red accents.
she just wants the treat in my hand for posing in the pic :)

Sponsored

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
Yes red accents are AWFUL.. oh wait LMAO

Jeep Wrangler JL Why Not A Rubicon? 1593949587127
Yeah, for me, that's pretty ghastly. You obviously must love it, and I'm glad of that for you. But for me, that looks pretty bad. It's a darn good thing we're all different!

Now, that pup on the other hand is just lovely!

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Yeah, for me, that's pretty ghastly. You obviously must love it, and I'm glad of that for you. But for me, that looks pretty bad. It's a darn good thing we're all different!

Now, that pup on the other hand is just lovely!
Ahh diversity. I am grateful Jeep branches out from the mundane colors ie: black, greys, white etc. looking at them on the lot whilst shopping around was a big zzzzzzzzzzz. As for my retriever... she’s a gem.

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
Ahem! My dear friend, that bikini blue colored Jeep is a league of its own! I am sorry to say that (but with much respect) after learning color theories that err.... well heh how do I put this nicely..... ummm...

nebbermind I digress. I love you peeps! Cheers :whew:
Hahaha!!!!

Well, the bikini pearl takes me back. See, my first Jeep was a hand-me-down from my parents when I was 18. It was a 94 Cherokee, in Navajo Turquoise. I drove that thing to death, and have had Wranglers since. I didn't even *see* a bikini pearl Wrangler until I sought one out around early this year just to see the color - seems it'spretty unpopular. I sat down in early March to order mine, only to find that manual transmissions could not be ordered. I think it was the next day that the recall was announced, and the next week that COVID19 shut us all down. The dealership was open only to take phone calls and online purchases when I finally got my order in on May 25th, and bikini pearl got discontinued a few days later.

Now my Jeep's built, and it just left Toledo yesterday on a train heading this way!

Oh, and it's not a Rubicon, almost entirely because of the red accents :P

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
Ahh diversity. I am grateful Jeep branches out from the mundane colors ie: black, greys, white etc.
Hey, if it helps any, yours IS one of the nicest Jeep colors I've seen. Almost even despite the red bits!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
It looks fine with Mojito:

JgwezQ.jpg

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
It looks fine with Mojito:
Yeah, it's still really not to my taste. S'okay, I'm pretty sure everyone who got one loves it.

Heck, I know a guy who bought a Rubicon Gladiator exclusively *because* he loved the red accents. *shrug*