Sponsored

Why no pics of JL with top down?

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
See lots of pictures with top off but none with top down. What are they hiding?
Sponsored

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
8FEFF9EF-F9D0-46E9-ACEB-FF66518BE437.jpeg
Nothing at all. I think winter has stayed around too long in much of the country. Still some cold mornings even here in south Texas.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
There is a thread already about getting naked. Let me see if I can find it.

Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
The JK folded down looked so much better. Nice and compact in the back. The JL creates a small wall of fabric that’s as high as the third brake light.

That being said, I’ll take the shortcomings in the aesthetics to not have to deal with zippers.

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
The JK folded down looked so much better. Nice and compact in the back. The JL creates a small wall of fabric that’s as high as the third brake light.

That being said, I’ll take the shortcomings in the aesthetics to not have to deal with zippers.
The JL top can be placed all the way down like the JK. The pivot brackets just need to be undone. I have see at least on pic on here like that and a video showing how easy and quick it is to unfasten the brackets. It might sit a bit higher than the JK in the down position. And I agree it looks better folded down.

See here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...val-or-cover-when-open.2484/page-3#post-68065

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
This is such a great stance! Gorgeous.
What lift/wheels/tires do you have?
It's sort of a frankenlift at the moment centered around 3.5-4" Skyjacker springs. Wheels are 17" KMC XD229 Beadlocks, Tires are 37x13.50r17 Cooper STT Pro.
The JL top can be placed all the way down like the JK. The pivot brackets just need to be undone. I have see at least on pic on here like that and a video showing how easy and quick it is to unfasten the brackets. It might sit a bit higher than the JK in the down position. And I agree it looks better folded down.

See here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...val-or-cover-when-open.2484/page-3#post-68065
Unfortunately releasing the arms doesn't make it sit much flatter, and you have to deal with them flopping around :( Before I had my JL I had hopes that they could be released and the top covered with something like what they offer for the JK.

OP
OP

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
IMG_1391.JPG
Hmm. And I thought my JK had too much top sticking out coming from my TJ.