Sponsored

Why no JL manual? Only in radio? Hmm..

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
So I love that I have the manual in the Uconnect system. It's super convenient I used it the other before engaging 4 WHEEL High (wanted to be sure nothing has really changed) Anyway, it is really cool. You can touch the screen over the icon and boom, type in whatever you want to know and it will bring to that portion of the manual.
My question : So they don't give manuals with new JL at all? Do all touch screens have that option? Point is, I would like to actually read it, while on my couch, not on my phone, and not in the Jeep in the cold garage. Just curious...
Dyno-Mite!
P. S. The Rubi Rocks!!!
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
So I love that I have the manual in the Uconnect system. It's super convenient I used it the other before engaging 4 WHEEL High (wanted to be sure nothing has really changed) Anyway, it is really cool. You can touch the screen over the icon and boom, type in whatever you want to know and it will bring to that portion of the manual.
My question : So they don't give manuals with new JL at all? Do all touch screens have that option? Point is, I would like to actually read it, while on my couch, not on my phone, and not in the Jeep in the cold garage. Just curious...
Dyno-Mite!
P. S. The Rubi Rocks!!!
You can read the leaked one that was updated and should be on this forum.

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Yeah, I do remember that, was just hoping for a hard copy too. So no one gets one, I guess.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Yeah, I do remember that, was just hoping for a hard copy too. So no one gets one, I guess.
You could take it on a USB to FedEx and have them print and bind it for you if you want.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I don't know...

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
One of the preproduction units (TFL's Sahara, probably) had a first edition of the manual in the glove box.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Dyno-Mite!
P. S. The Rubi Rocks!!!
So some us that remain in, “No Jeep Prison” and are anxiously doing time until escape.......Have diligently printed off our various manuals and user guides, punched them and placed them in three ring binders, all without the Warden knowing. Now if only I had a Rubi and a Blue Tick Hound!!!

ddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Very cool feature and a great idea... it would be nice if it was available as an app for phone/tablet and/or in eReaders (kindle, iBooks, etc), are they? The app could link to purchase parts, accessories, gear, etc.

Sponsored

bmdjeep3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Call FCA and ask for one. Many people had to do that with the JKs, if your JL didnt come with one then Im sure FCA will mail you one. Took about a week to get mine for my JK

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
A sassy young man walks up to the librarian and says, "say, where you keep the hard copy around here?!"

The librarian, looking down over her reading glasses responds, "young man, around here we call them 'books.' " ;)

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
So some us that remain in, “No Jeep Prison” and are anxiously doing time until escape.......Have diligently printed off our various manuals and user guides, punched them and placed them in three ring binders, all without the Warden knowing. Now if only I had a Rubi and a Blue Tick Hound!!!
I have the same folder printed everything I could, while my wife laughed at me! And I have an Australian Cattle Dog. Lmmfao
Sponsored