Sponsored

Why no Jeep wave down in the Florida Keys?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
So I just drove down to Marathon Key from southwest Florida and spent a week down there. What's up with all the Jeepers driving on the Overseas Highway (US 1) not showing the Jeep love by waving back? I bet for every 10 Jeep waves I gave, I got only 1 or 2 back. We even drove down to Key West and same results.
Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
So I just drove down to Marathon Key from southwest Florida and spent a week down there. What's up with all the Jeepers driving on the Overseas Highway (US 1) not showing the Jeep love by waving back? I bet for every 10 Jeep waves I gave, I got only 1 or 2 back. We even drove down to Key West and same results.
Probably mostly rentals.

Medictrode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
I drive down from NJ once a year with the JetSki and get the same.. When I fly down you see tons of Jeeps at the rental places, so as others have said, Rentals.

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Ahhhhhh, didn't think about rentals. Makes sense though as the Jeep waves we did get came mostly from decked out lifted Jeeps which obviously weren't rentals.

Sponsored

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
I’m from Jacksonville FL but vacationing in Marathon this week. We are about to drive down to Key West for a day trip. Thanks for the heads up about no wavers...I didn’t think about there being mostly rentals. :)

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
We just got back from a trip to Gulf Shores, AL and MAYBE 5% of the jeeps down there waved back at us. I don't think many of them were rentals though. Maybe it's a regional thing? Back home, it's rare not to get a wave.

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the 100% stock looking Wranglers around here don't wave. I suspect they've never seen a dirt road or had their top off so they'll be leasing the newest Lexus SUV when their 3 year lease is up.

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Same thing just happened to me up on Marth'as Vineyard for vacation. Drove mine up from PA, got nothing. I started to realize only to do it with the older built up one's because they weren't rentals haha. There were some damn nice old models though, and some restored Land Cruisers. They were beauties

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
My buds wife used their daughters JK 4 door while her car was in the shop. Her daughter said dont forget the "jeep wave". Her mom said what's a jeep wave? It was explained and she said "I'm not doing that to every jeep I see!!". The daughter was pissed! lol

After telling me the story they asked if I do it to every jeep. I answered yes out of habit, but I never look to see if I get a wave back. I really dont care honestly. I get why many dont do it. There are so many out there now it's one big stadium wave after even a short jaunt.
Sponsored