Sponsored

Why no 3.6 etorque yet offered in Rubicon?

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
So I ordered a Sahara with 3.6 eTorque but wondered why it isn't yet available in Rubicon? I'd have thought it would be most useful in that trim.

I drove the 2.0 eTorque in a rental this week and loved the pull off the line. Hoping the 3.6 with eTorque closes that performance gap a little, but not seeing any official specs on this, so I ordered it kind of blindly- mainly because of the calmer sound of the V6, the track record of the base engine, and the addition of the oil cooler that the e-Torque provides... although I'm surprised the addition of the eTorque functionality would cause any significant temperature stress on the oil.

I'd like to hear any insights anyone might have on these points?
Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
the addition of the oil cooler that the e-Torque provides... although I'm surprised the addition of the eTorque functionality would cause any significant temperature stress on the oil.
eTorque does not add an oil cooler on the V6, the normal 3.6 has come with an oil cooler since 2012.

eTorque does add an additional cooling system to keep the temperature of the 48V battery in check.

They also dropped eTorque from the 2.0 Rubicon. My best guess is they are trying to differentiate the Sahara trim

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
eTorque does not add an oil cooler on the V6, the normal 3.6 has come with an oil cooler since 2012.

eTorque does add an additional cooling system to keep the temperature of the 48V battery in check.

They also dropped eTorque from the 2.0 Rubicon. My best guess is they are trying to differentiate the Sahara trim
Ah- ok - the pop-up description on the Jeep build site insinuates its an addition as it also mentions the deletion of the alternator- so I took it to mean an incremental change.

A95C1F85-00E1-439D-8B93-F62232A06DC5.jpeg
Sponsored