Sponsored

Why is there no molded splash guards for the Rubicon???

Hellscoot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL, 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, Expecting 2019 RedEye WB
So ordered the Mopar splash guards thinking the reason they don't list them for the Rubicon is the rock rails, but come to find it molded completely different and that is the reason they don't fit. Has anyone found a molded splash guard that fits the Rubicon? Is there a vendor making them?
Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Just thinking.....If you do Rubicon things in your Rubicon.....wont you just tear them off?

OP
OP
Hellscoot

Hellscoot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL, 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, Expecting 2019 RedEye WB
Just thinking.....If you do Rubicon things in your Rubicon.....wont you just tear them off?
True, but I could always take them off. Really want something like this for when I am on pavement more than anything. When it's dirty or in the mud it doesn't really matter.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
No. I've done Moab in my JK Rubi with front Mopar splash guards and they fold and contort over everything and then snap right back into place. I've had them almost 4 years and they look like new. I was getting ready to take them off at a trail head in Moab when another guy with them asked me why I was going to do that. He had his on and said he'd been on 20 different trails with them with never an issue. I'm glad I ran into him because it saved me a lot of time removing and reattaching them over and over. Honestly, they don't hit or drag on things nearly as often as you'd think, but when they do, they do just fine.

I'm just miffed that Mopar doesn't have them for the Rubi. It makes no sense.

klenger

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have read a few threads about the lack of Mopar splash guards for the Rubicon. The Mopar description for the splash guards states:

This set of two guards comes in Black, but is paintable and fits the front wheel wells of Jeep Wrangler (JL) Sahara or Sport. Front Splash Guards do not fit any vehicles equipped with Rock Rails.

I have a 2019 JLU Sport S to which I installed the Mopar Rock Rails (with step surface) that comes standard on the Moab model. The fit perfectly and are exactly what I was looking for. My question is in regards to the Mopar statement that the splash guards do not fit vehicles with Rock Rails. It this really the case, or is it the Rubicon fender flares that create the problem? If the issue is the Rubicon fenders, then it seems that the splash guards should fit my Sport S with the rock rails.

Any thoughts on this?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have read a few threads about the lack of Mopar splash guards for the Rubicon. The Mopar description for the splash guards states:

This set of two guards comes in Black, but is paintable and fits the front wheel wells of Jeep Wrangler (JL) Sahara or Sport. Front Splash Guards do not fit any vehicles equipped with Rock Rails.

I have a 2019 JLU Sport S to which I installed the Mopar Rock Rails (with step surface) that comes standard on the Moab model. The fit perfectly and are exactly what I was looking for. My question is in regards to the Mopar statement that the splash guards do not fit vehicles with Rock Rails. It this really the case, or is it the Rubicon fender flares that create the problem? If the issue is the Rubicon fenders, then it seems that the splash guards should fit my Sport S with the rock rails.

Any thoughts on this?
I bought a set and then sold or returned them (I can't remember which.) I remember the rock guard being the main thing getting in the way.
Sponsored