Sponsored

Why is my Jeep sounds like a diesel some times?

yaniv05

First Name
Yaniv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hello all.

When I am going up a hill and take my foot of the pedal, sometimes my jeep sounds like a diesel. Anyone knows what is going on?

See video at 0:05 sec

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hello all.

When I am going up a hill and take my foot of the pedal, sometimes my jeep sounds like a diesel. Anyone knows what is going on?

See video at 0:05 sec

Is this a 2.0T?

Sponsored

Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
My guess is exhaust leak. But frankly the sound almost sounds like a bad BOV also*( i know yours is not a turbo). So i'm guessing the only time u hear it is when ur in gear ... u could try sticking it neutral before u lift of the pedal and if theres a difference maybe it could be something with the exhaust

OP
OP
yaniv05

yaniv05

First Name
Yaniv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hello all. Here is my latest update. Dealer said that it is the gas I used. They put that in writing. I have been using Shell for the last couple of months and still the same noise. No change.

Taking it to another dealer. I do have a new video with the sound.

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Hello all. Here is my latest update. Dealer said that it is the gas I used. They put that in writing. I have been using Shell for the last couple of months and still the same noise. No change.

Taking it to another dealer. I do have a new video with the sound.

I have the same sound noted in this latest video. Dod you figure anything out? Mine started a few months back and is primarily in 1,2, or 3rd gear and when the rpm’s are low. 95k miles here, so no warranty. Usually use Costco gas 87 octane, but have used other brands with no change.
Sponsored