First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Rescue Green Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RN
Rescue Green right?! Very cool color, one of my all time favorites. I haven’t ever felt an attachment to a vehicle, so I cannot provide much help on this one. My car/truck tendencies have historically been much more whore-ish, I prefer the variety. BUT! After having test driven multiple, multiple JKs then landing in a JL I think you will be much happier in your new Wrangler! New memories will come, to include the memory of how much more refined, fun to drive, etc. your new Jeep will be. BTW, as you had a really cool color before, what color JL did you order?!?!?!
Yep, Rescue Green! Loved that color as soon as I saw it. Once I decided to get a new Jeep, I knew Mojito was the one. What can I say, green is one of my favorite colors!
Sponsored

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Yep, Rescue Green! Loved that color as soon as I saw it. Once I decided to get a new Jeep, I knew Mojito was the one. What can I say, green is one of my favorite colors!
Green is my favorite color! Mojito! Is one of the best Wrangler colors Ive seen since Rescue , Commando, Gobi, Crush, and Nacho. That said, I went with Sting-Gray lol! I had a Cement colored FJ and a Nardo Grey Audi both for around 18 months. For vehicles I may be in a phase but, I am digging gray atm. I finally got to see Mojito! In person a few weeks ago and it is an incredible color! The flip/flop green/gold (yellow) is beautiful. I think you will be very happy with your choice!

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I sold my SUPER built up TJ a week ago, thought I might feel something given I've had it since new in 97. Nadda. This new JL is such an improvement over the TJ I dont wanna go back or look back. Of course I tend to do that with everything. I like to think the best times are ahead of us. So far it has been true, then again having that mindset tends to make it so. lol

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I spoke prior that we grieve the loss of a vehicle because we, as humans, have tendency (and that's perfectly okay and normal) to anthropomorphize, as much as it's illogical.

We do so, it is believed, because Neuroscience research has shown that similar brain regions are involved when we think about the behavior of both humans and of nonhuman entities, suggesting that anthropomorphism may be using similar processes as those used for thinking about other people.

https://psychcentral.com/news/2010/03/01/why-do-we-anthropomorphize/11766.html

Sponsored

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
I totally get it. I cried a little in my driveway the day we left to trade my 2016 Backcountry in for my 2018 JL Rubi. I took pictures with her, stopped at the lake took her on one last trail ride. I love my new JL but trading in my JK was hard. If I could have I would have kept her but alas finances dictated that to not be possible. You'll love your new JL, I totally love mine, but I still miss everything my 2016 represented/brought to me.

20180918_193731.jpg

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Ravenjeep,

How could the new Wrangler be cheaper than the old Wrangler?

Villagevip

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
A car, the family robot...Starts, fast, slow, takes us where we desire to go.. Our cars take on a personality of it's own....Memories are built, adventures to endear our hearts to our beloved robot...Hard to see the family member go down the road with a new owner, hoping they will be taking good care of, and loved....

Last edited:

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I sold my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited today....two days after posting it for sale. Didn’t expect to have a breakdown but it happened, that Jeep represents a lot of memories and I didn’t realize just how attached I was. It was my first brand new vehicle and a present to myself when I graduated from nursing school. For 11 years it never failed me. I have a 2019 JLUR on order....I just hate that I’m Jeepless until it arrives. I didn’t expect to feel this sad lol...surely I’m not the only one, right?
upload_2018-10-11_23-58-47.jpeg
I bought my 1985 CJ7 used in 1989, from a couple who was soon having a child. The wife was crying as they signed over the title. That couple had good times with the CJ and she was sad to see it go. I actually still have it, although parked because rust has taken a toll. I should get rid of it ... but then I will be the one crying. I'm a guy but am not ashamed to say I shed a few tears after selling my CJ5, there were a lot of memories wrapped up in that CJ5 driving around the country and exploring the Rocky Mountains with it.

Sponsored

Mimmy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jk
I totally understand! I sold my 2007 jk after I purchased my 2018 yellow rubicon ( which is the Jeep I have always wanted)... it was so much harder than I thought it would be. He was with me for 11 years, so many memories! I know it sounds silly, but he was part of the family. He never failed me. I hope that he will continue to bring to new family many happy memories

57EFCD90-1E95-4C9F-A504-8727BD5AB067.jpeg

4AECD248-7BBB-4E77-BE44-35DED75EA6D0.jpeg

musicaldoc

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
I sold my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited today....two days after posting it for sale. Didn’t expect to have a breakdown but it happened, that Jeep represents a lot of memories and I didn’t realize just how attached I was. It was my first brand new vehicle and a present to myself when I graduated from nursing school. For 11 years it never failed me. I have a 2019 JLUR on order....I just hate that I’m Jeepless until it arrives. I didn’t expect to feel this sad lol...surely I’m not the only one, right?
upload_2018-10-11_23-58-47.jpeg
Greeneyedgirl... from a greeneyedguyinitaly ;-)... do like I do, you haven't sold yours, you just ordered a new suit for your Jeep... she is still with you! :-D

Maxdady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray Rubicon
Sold my 15 JK without realizing how much the wife and I loved that thing. Sold it to get a truck for work. Dang thing sold on Craig's List for asking price within a day! We were really sad a couple days after and regretted it more than we thought we ever would. Fast forward to Sept, 2018 and found Wall E sitting on the lot at Carson Jeep/Dodge. Test drove Thursday, bought on Saturday...we are much happier now. lol

IMG_0764.JPG

20180922_155846.jpg

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Greeneyedgirl,
I fully understand. I can't bring myself to get rid of my old truck. A 1990 Toyota 4x4 Extra-Cab that I bought brand new in 1990. After 28 years of memories, my daughters threatened me if I were to sell or trade it in. But, truth is, I couldn't if I wanted to. Always have wanted a Jeep & now that I am finally able to get one, come Jan or Feb, I am excited! But, can't let Old Bessie go & never will. She means too much to me & my family.

So, I will teach the grandkids how to drive with it. After all, they need to learn how to drive a vehicle that has NO traction control, NO driving aids (not even cruise control), No creature comforts (just A/C), & a manual transmission! Once they learn it, then I might let them drive my Jeep.
:like:

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
I've been trying to think of a way to keep my Sahara, so I get it. I have a JLU on order and it doesn't make sense to keep both, but well, history. My husband would have to take it, my son has a firecracker red JK with some aftermarket customization and no way he would want mine. Sad though. Yes, the payments would be a killer-I socked as much as I could away over time...the delay with my Jeep only sweetened that pot so I'm hoping to do the same.

I love your old Jeep-GREAT color!!
Sponsored