Sponsored

Why is it so hard to find a good phone mount in canada....

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I might have to splurge and make a purchase. Location is key since real estate is slim pickings. How does it mount if you don't mind me asking?
There is one bolt. No cutting or drilling and completely reversible if you don’t like the holster a few years from now.

You pop off a small circular trim piece on the side of the center “console” near your right leg (I.e. near the shifter) —- it’s about the size of a quarter. Under it is a bolt that you remove. Then you install the holster with the new bolt/spacers/washer that comes with the holster...... the holster also has a clip mounted to it when you get the holster.... the clip slides under the console and acts as a second “anchor point” so the holster doesn’t twist.

super simple. But you will need a very thin trim removal tool to get that circular disk off.
Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
There is one bolt. No cutting or drilling and completely reversible if you don’t like the holster a few years from now.

You pop off a small circular trim piece on the side of the center “console” near your right leg (I.e. near the shifter) —- it’s about the size of a quarter. Under it is a bolt that you remove. Then you install the holster with the new bolt/spacers/washer that comes with the holster...... the holster also has a clip mounted to it when you get the holster.... the clip slides under the console and acts as a second “anchor point” so the holster doesn’t twist.

super simple. But you will need a very thin trim removal tool to get that circular disk off.
That's simple enough! Thank you for your expertise!

dstep

First Name
Dmitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
67designs is our favourite on our Jeep rental fleet @CypressOverland
We have seen many different products go through "accelerated testing". Everyone knows how rentals are treated & driven...

We pair 67d Universal holder with a custom-designed clamp that we built for our rigs and now make it available to all. And we do ship to Canada.

The challenge with getting any product to Canada is postage costs ($25-30USD for best options we could find) & exchange rate (+25-35%). So, good products get expensive quickly because of all the customs paperwork that needs to accompany each shipment.

Best to look for a vendor with a distribution network in Canada - so you will only pay local Canada Post rates.

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I love the proclips. I have them in every vehicle. One pro-tip though, order the universal phone holder. That way it's adaptable if you have a case, change phones, etc.

Sponsored

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I love the look but when I measured my phone (iphone XR in otter box case) it is to wide.
Otter box are big cases. Gibson leather says that a galaxy note 8 will fit with an otter box..... I don’t know how that compares To you phone.

These were molded based upon a Galaxy Note 8 with an Otter Box (which is a huge phone) so they will accommodate most phones on the market today. The mold dimensions are 3.2" wide by .65" deep. You can measure your phone to insure that it will fit. In addition, there is a small opening in the back rear of the phone holster to allow you to route your charging cable thru in you would like.

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Otter box are big cases. Gibson leather says that a galaxy note 8 will fit with an otter box..... I don’t know how that compares To you phone.

These were molded based upon a Galaxy Note 8 with an Otter Box (which is a huge phone) so they will accommodate most phones on the market today. The mold dimensions are 3.2" wide by .65" deep. You can measure your phone to insure that it will fit. In addition, there is a small opening in the back rear of the phone holster to allow you to route your charging cable thru in you would like.
I just got mine in today and with the Otterbox it is SUPER tight, almost unusable. So I am buying another case for the phone!

Sponsored

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Gibson leather phone holster, and with new Case my XR fit great. I love that it is out of the way and easy to grab.

B0C62828-D286-4E18-ABB8-28AEB2D311D2.jpeg

BAFCB117-A33D-4090-A205-711C182CC73D.jpeg

4D1803EE-DD63-4D0F-9F78-8083C050B77B.jpeg

23014ED7-4E4F-46B8-AF62-579A441A4663.jpeg
Sponsored