Sponsored

Why is it so hard to find a good phone mount in canada....

AndyJL

First Name
AndyJL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Cant find a decent phone mount in canada. So im just not getting one which really sux hard.... please someone tell me in wrong and show me decent rig here in the frozen north. Got a massove s10+ btw with an otterbox
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I tried the proclip for about 10 months, I didn't like the holder for my iPhone. Everytime I hit a bump the phone would drop out of the holder, and onto the floor. I wish it had a bottom support or stronger clips. I switched over the the 67 Designs mount, it holds my iphone so much better than the proclip. I have no idea if 67Designs is available in Canada.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
67 Designs for the win. They ship to Canada. I would give them a shot. Good customer service too! I had issues with a missing package that never arrived. After giving it a week, they just resent the whole order. In that order, I had one discrepancy. The ball had some play on the mount. I even cut the double sided tape to ensure the three screws were tight. They were. After leaving a good review and mentioned it wiggled a little bit, they reached out willing to replace it. I told them it wasn't that big of a concern to me. I don't use the driver side often, because I prefer setting my phone where the key fob goes or else where. The passenger side is solid and that's with two arms, with an elbow, connecting my ram mount to hold a tablet. The ram mount tablet holder is less to be desired though.

Phone mount wise, I have a moto phone with a case and battery extension. It's so awkward shaped, that it looks like it hardly fits because the bulge in the back. Their mount holds the phone well despite my handicapped phone.

Last edited:

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Cant find a decent phone mount in canada. So im just not getting one which really sux hard.... please someone tell me in wrong and show me decent rig here in the frozen north. Got a massove s10+ btw with an otterbox
We use this as it is removable - so can switch to other vehicles or boats super easy. Have been using Ram for over 20 yrs and the mounts are very solid and bulletproof. Can just see in the windshield. Normally we use a main phone in the armrest with AA GM phones tunes etc - and another displaying off-road apps and/or 4K dashcam. Actually works a charm as everything stays charged up - and the phone never moves or falls out. Using with Otterbox is fine. Check with retailers or Amazon.

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-166-UN10U

E020B283-46CC-41D9-9C46-CEAA95758A00.png

Sponsored

Sponsored

Deleted member 35398

67 Designs for the win. They ship to Canada. I would give them a shot. Good customer service too! I had issues with a missing package that never arrived. After giving it a week, they just resent the whole order. In that order, I had one discrepancy. The ball had some play on the mount. I even cut the double sided tape to ensure the three screws were tight. They were. After leaving a good review and mentioned it wiggled a little bit, they reached out willing to replace it. I told them it wasn't that big of a concern to me. I don't use the driver side often, because I prefer setting my phone where the key fob goes or else where. The passenger side is solid and that's with two arms, with an elbow, connecting my ram mount to hold a tablet. The ram mount tablet holder is less to be desired though.

Phone mount wise, I have a moto phone with a case and battery extension. It's so awkward shaped, that it looks like it hardly fits because the bulge in the back. Their mount holds the phone well despite my handicapped phone.
Absolutely agree with Frezski here. I have purchased 67 designs products for my Jeep and Tacoma and they are top notch. Not sure what it would cost you for shipping to Canada, but they make a great product that works well.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I tried the proclip for about 10 months, I didn't like the holder for my iPhone. Everytime I hit a bump the phone would drop out of the holder, and onto the floor. I wish it had a bottom support or stronger clips. I switched over the the 67 Designs mount, it holds my iphone so much better than the proclip. I have no idea if 67Designs is available in Canada.
not sure how it could fall out you m
Thanks just bought
Its a great holder solid as a rock and has never dropped the phone even by going thru the Rubicon trail

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
sweet baby Jesus.. I like that!
If you want your phone “out of sight” but still able to charge or connect to CarPlay, etc, this is fantastic. It’s good quality and mounts in about 5 minutes.

I have an iPhone X, no case and it fits without issue
My wife has a IPhone X , I think, but the larger one WITH A CASE, and it also fits, no issues.

no rattling or shaking. Zero possibility it can fall out, etc.

it’s a nicely executed idea that works extremely well in practice.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
If you want your phone “out of sight” but still able to charge or connect to CarPlay, etc, this is fantastic. It’s good quality and mounts in about 5 minutes.

I have an iPhone X, no case and it fits without issue
My wife has a IPhone X , I think, but the larger one WITH A CASE, and it also fits, no issues.

no rattling or shaking. Zero possibility it can fall out, etc.

it’s a nicely executed idea that works extremely well in practice.
I might have to splurge and make a purchase. Location is key since real estate is slim pickings. How does it mount if you don't mind me asking?
Sponsored