Vinman

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Both had zero cargo and full tanks of fuel, the driveway is sloped down away from the garage but is smooth side to side, definitely not significant high or low spots. I was thinking though, with both fuel tanks full, both Jeeps are probably leaning a bit low on the passenger side and I was measuring the low side of the Rubicon and high side of the Sahara.
I also measured the tire height and was surprised to see the stock Rubicon KO2’s are only about 1/2” taller than the Sahara tires.

I have 35’s with new Mopar rims on the way along with a 1-1/2” levelling kit so that will change things up a bit.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have a JLU Sport S. I also have Rubicon takeoff wheels, tires, and suspension. I just went out and measured, at the lowest point under the mirror. It is 50 1/2 inches. But, I also have plastic bumpers.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I became obsessive with measuring heights on different jeeps compared to my jeep. It’s a crapshoot to be honest. Compared to a rubi, i’m 1/2”-1” lower factoring tires. Next to a sahara it’s real close, mine is maybe 1/2” taller. Maybe a lil more.

Real way to tell is level ground

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
It's those big ugly lights!!!!!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Why is a Sahara taller than my Rubicon? 1604365186115

I think I will do that after dinner, I’ll report my findings
And stand right on that concrete line on the driveway, equidistant to either Jeep.

The lens on these phone cameras tends to distort objects when in an angle.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
wife's rubicon is higher than mine. She has Steel bumper group, I have steel bumpers, 2 batteries that are full size, winch, etc, etc. I also put 1/2" up front.

Sponsored

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
wife's rubicon is higher than mine. She has Steel bumper group, I have steel bumpers, 2 batteries that are full size, winch, etc, etc. I also put 1/2" up front.
Neil lemme share you a secret. Of course her Rubicon is higher than yours! Even IF (that is hypothetical) it is not taller, you are wise to said that her Rubicon is taller! For the sake of a peaceful relationship! There you go bro - kudos!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I think the Rubicon’s “high fenders” make it look taller at first glance. However, if you look at the headlights and hood, the Sahara does look higher.
I didn't catch that, but you're absolutely right. The fenders do make it look taller even though the other stuff matches up. I drew a line across the image and sure enough everything seems about even except the fenders. Funny how they influence the look so much.

Regarding the height difference. I'm not too surprised by that minimal difference. With the steel bumper and winch it probably more than makes up for the 1/2 tire difference.
You also need to consider that identical vehicles aren't always the same height, even when identically equipped. The difference is usually small like a 1/4" or so, but maybe you got a slightly tall Sahara, and a slightly short Rubi. That would make up the other 1/2"

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You're measuring passenger side on one and driver's side on the other. Jeeps are tilted a little. Measure from the drivers side on both and the rubi should be higher.
Ooo, good catch. If one has a full tank and the other is closer to empty may make a slight difference too. Especially if the full tank is the one you're measuring on the passenger side.

Which if I'm looking at the pictures correctly, is the Rubi.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I just measured my '21 Sahara with 275/70/18 K02's... bang on 50" to the bottom of the side view mirror as shown in your pics... which seems weird that you would get the exact same measurement on your Sahara as it appears you're on smaller/stock tires
Sponsored