Sponsored

Why I'm not buying a JL Wrangler: 2 month wait for warranty service

How long does it take to get a Jeep service appointment in your area?

• Total voters
OP
OP
badtux

badtux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
The Cali illiterates were left behind soon after birth.
Which is why we designed this computer that you're reading this on, and the switches and routers that power the Internet that is carrying it from the server to your home. Because we're illiterate. :).

But seriously, shipping my Jeep to West Virginia to be repaired really isn't an option for me as a private individual. What bugs me is that if I owned a Chevrolet or a Toyota or a Kia I could get my vehicle serviced tomorrow. Jeep... nope.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Which is why we designed this computer that you're reading this on, and the switches and routers that power the Internet that is carrying it from the server to your home. Because we're illiterate. :).

But seriously, shipping my Jeep to West Virginia to be repaired really isn't an option for me as a private individual. What bugs me is that if I owned a Chevrolet or a Toyota or a Kia I could get my vehicle serviced tomorrow. Jeep... nope.
If a Toyota , there will be a lot of dealer service openings ; and I say that as a Jeep loyalist .

The strangest example of the Cali's was when I sauntered about a Mercedes dealership , looking at prices , and a salesman announced that he himself owned the big boxy suv-like thing ; I asked him , so , which side , driver or passenger , left or right , is the fuel tank door ? He not only didn't know , but he didn't even try to look and see which side . That's a Cali for you : thick as a brick , and questionably saying he owned one .

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Me too.. I’ve got a great relationship with my Advisor, Manager and lead mechanic..
Because Michigan and Texas , among others , are straight up , competent people , that's why .

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
When I called, I could have gotten an appointment within 3 days. I chose a week out to give myself a little time to prep. However, I'm going on almost 1 month of my Jeep being in the shop, waiting on parts from FCA corporate. Service manager, techs, etc have all been good. If i had done the recall work myself, I likely would have been done within a weekend.

Sponsored

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
I’ve had mine in once, called the dealer and they said bring it in now.

Reactions: VNT

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I live in the South San Francisco Bay area. *EVERY* single dealer in the area has a 2 month wait for warranty service. Every. Single. One of them. And this isn't new. This has been true for at *least* two years now.

The problem is that Chiseler Corporation doesn't reimburse them enough to pay mechanics enough to get mechanics to stay. So they're always churning through mechanics and never have enough mechanics. There is also the issue that Chrysler products have a large number of recalls and warranty issues to begin with.

My 2012 Wrangler needs to go in for emissions testing. It's still under emissions warranty of course, but if it fails the emissions test, it'll be 2 months before the dealership can look at it to fix it under that emissions warranty. During those two months, I won't be able to drive the vehicle because it won't be legal to drive.

Why would I subject myself to this when other makes here in the Bay Area don't have this problem? I mean, if I had a Chevrolet, I could take it to the local dealer *tomorrow afternoon* for an appointment. Answer: I won't. My 2012 Wrangler is going to be the last Chrysler product I own, because what's the use of having a nice new vehicle, if you can't get it serviced when you need it serviced? I'll just keep my 2012 going as long as I can by relegating it to second vehicle / toy status and buying a new (to me) daily driver, and that new JL 4 door that I've been looking at? Oh well.
Call Nancy Pelosi she’s got the answer for everything. Hurry, go get your GM vehicle right now and we’ll all be happier!

Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It's 2020, people will make anything political.
It’s not always the case, but why does it seem like the random insertion of politics in non-political subjects comes mainly from the fringe right wing.

Sure, the crazy trump-haters will jump in too, but usually there’s at least *some* tangential connection to politic. The truly random segues like this are always right wingers.

Maybe in this case it’s trying to make a weak tie between emissions controls (largely a left-wing idea) and federal Democrats. Ignoring of course that these requirements are at the *state* level.

Regardless this is getting worse as we get closer to November, almost like a hysterical desperate scream to get people angry at Democrats. I heard it rather eloquently put that Republicans seem to be growing concerned that American voters may be planning to interfere in the election.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
One note - California natives (all 13 of us) don’t use the term “Cali.” I’ve only heard it from a transplant or tourist.

This may be the land of fruits and nuts, but Cali only belongs at the beginning of an RHCP song...

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
One note - California natives (all 13 of us) don’t use the term “Cali.” I’ve only heard it from a transplant or tourist.

This may be the land of fruits and nuts, but Cali only belongs at the beginning of an RHCP song...
I’ve never said “Cali.” Ever. And don’t get me started on “San Fran” or “Frisco.” :angry:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
And “Northern California” is not really the north. It is more like Central California.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
better political with satire than all the stupid buy a Bronco, Wranglers suck threads on this Wrangler forum
Sponsored