Why I got banned from the ess thread

1. pablo_max3045

pablo_max3045 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Rubicon
    Liked:
    Engineering project manager
    Maybe I have been drinking too much whiskey, but I cannot understand the hatred of renewable by you folks-
    I mean... yeah, it's different and anything different is met with resistance, but over all, its a good thing isnt it?

Solar, wind and battery farms will generate a lot more jobs for Americans than coal and oil will.
    Not to mention, it means a pretty big change to the infrastructure. Guest what! More jobs.
    Its just like war or a major disaster. Sure, it F's stuff up, but it also makes people spend money, which drives the economy.

I personally still think that hydrogen will overtake batteries.
    However, for adventure vehicles, I think we will see diesel for at least another 20 years. Though, I would love it if the wrangler used electric motors with a diesel generator.
    Not sure if you guys have ever felt the acceleration of a tesla.. but... holy shit. It is insane. Imagine that with 35's and off road. Sign me up

2. UKCATS

UKCATS Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    I play piano in a whorehouse
  3. mwilk012

mwilk012 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    USN
    I know you probably copy/pasted this from somewhere else, but "pumped storage hydropower" will always be a negative energy investment. It necessarily requires more energy input than output by design. It's like saying your energy came from a battery, ignoring that it had to be charged to begin with.

4. b1er

b1er Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
    Liked:
    I think that's why it has - next to the numbers for pumped hydro... :like:

5. mwilk012

mwilk012 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    USN
    This is what I was addressing. It is mildly misleading, in that it just inefficiently stores energy, and creates nothing. Even if you power the pumps off of solar, wind, or other renewables, you're still better off using that energy directly on the grid.

6. OP
    OP
    Dagwood

Dagwood Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
    Liked:

It's very simple, the left has hijacked something that seems desirable like renewable energy and clean water and have infused it with all their insane progressive policies. It is no longer about the issues it's only about control.

They use fear tactics like saying the world is going to end in whatever timeframes if you don't give up your God given liberties and let an ever increasing government control every aspect of your life.

Cradle to grave entitlements at the expense of the evil rich people only at the end to find out that you were the next target of their insanity.

It basically comes down to the fact that the DemocRats have always wanted their slaves back.

UKCATS likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Dagwood

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
    Liked:
    There is no science to modern climate change claims. It doesn't have to be when anyone or anything is shut down and destroyed for simply questioning the myth of the cult. The fake news will help in controlling the info that gets to the sheep until slaughter. Most can no longer think for themselves.

8. OP
    OP
    Dagwood

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    tncctz5lo1e31.jpgclimate change is just another front of a war being fought by elites that want power and control of everything and everyone.

9. Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Sport on 33s w/LSD
    Liked:
    Retired US Army
    ‘Bama Brother, this Southern boy has got yer back. I confound those people because they cannot pigeon-hole me. I’m a fiscal/science conservative who supports gay rights (everybody’s rights, really), a Zen Buddhist who accepts Jesus Christ as his savior, and a gun-toting military-for-life martial arts guy who is somewhat anti-NRA. They don’t know what the fuck to make of me.

Those bastards changed the narrative term “man-made global warming” to “climate change” for a reason. Climate change is a real phenomena that doesn’t have two shits to do with being man-made. Point that out to ‘em and it makes them sputter and shake like a dog shitting peach seeds.

Southern rant *off.*

BroncoWranglerski likes this.