Why I got banned from the ess thread

pablo_max3045

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Maybe I have been drinking too much whiskey, but I cannot understand the hatred of renewable by you folks-
I mean... yeah, it's different and anything different is met with resistance, but over all, its a good thing isnt it?

Solar, wind and battery farms will generate a lot more jobs for Americans than coal and oil will.
Not to mention, it means a pretty big change to the infrastructure. Guest what! More jobs.
Its just like war or a major disaster. Sure, it F's stuff up, but it also makes people spend money, which drives the economy.

I personally still think that hydrogen will overtake batteries.
However, for adventure vehicles, I think we will see diesel for at least another 20 years. Though, I would love it if the wrangler used electric motors with a diesel generator.
Not sure if you guys have ever felt the acceleration of a tesla.. but... holy shit. It is insane. Imagine that with 35's and off road. Sign me up

Advertisement

UKCATS

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Not gasoline but it is very fossil dependant. Also, the numbers add to over 100% because at any given time some plants are down on an outage while others are up and running... I think this info is based on capacity not operational usage.

U.S. electricity generation by source, amount, and share of total in 2018
Energy source
Billion kWh Share of total
Total - all sources
Fossil fuels (total) 2,651 63.5%
Natural gas 1,468 35.1%
Coal 1,146 27.4%
Petroleum (total) 25 0.6%
Petroleum liquids 16 0.4%
Petroleum coke 9 0.2%
Other gases 12 0.3%
Nuclear 807 19.3%
Renewables (total) 713 17.1%
Hydropower 292 7.0%
Wind 275 6.6%
Biomass (total) 63 1.5%
Wood 41 1.0%
Landfill gas 11 0.3%
Municipal solid waste (biogenic) 7 0.2%
Other biomass waste 3 0.1%
Solar (total) 67 1.6%
Photovoltaic 63 1.5%
Solar thermal 4 0.1%
Geothermal 17 0.4%
Pumped storage hydropower3 -6 -0.1%
Other sources 13 0.3%

1 Includes utility-scale electricity generation, which is electricity generation from power plants with at least one megawatt (or 1,000 kilowatts) of total electricity generating capacity.
2 Small-scale solar photovoltaic systems are electricity generators with less than one megawatt of electricity generating capacity that are usually at or near the location where the electricity is consumed. Most small-scale solar photovoltaic systems are installed on building rooftops.
3 Pumped storage hydroelectricity generation is negative because most pumped storage electricity generation facilities use more electricity than they produce on an annual basis. Most pumped storage systems use fossil fuels or nuclear energy for pumping water to the storage component of the system.
I know you probably copy/pasted this from somewhere else, but "pumped storage hydropower" will always be a negative energy investment. It necessarily requires more energy input than output by design. It's like saying your energy came from a battery, ignoring that it had to be charged to begin with.

b1er

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
I think that's why it has - next to the numbers for pumped hydro... :like:

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
3 Pumped storage hydroelectricity generation is negative because most pumped storage electricity generation facilities use more electricity than they produce on an annual basis. Most pumped storage systems use fossil fuels or nuclear energy for pumping water to the storage component of the system.
This is what I was addressing. It is mildly misleading, in that it just inefficiently stores energy, and creates nothing. Even if you power the pumps off of solar, wind, or other renewables, you're still better off using that energy directly on the grid.

OP
Dagwood

Dagwood

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
This is what I was addressing. It is mildly misleading, in that it just inefficiently stores energy, and creates nothing. Even if you power the pumps off of solar, wind, or other renewables, you're still better off using that energy directly on the grid.

It's very simple, the left has hijacked something that seems desirable like renewable energy and clean water and have infused it with all their insane progressive policies. It is no longer about the issues it's only about control.

They use fear tactics like saying the world is going to end in whatever timeframes if you don't give up your God given liberties and let an ever increasing government control every aspect of your life.

Cradle to grave entitlements at the expense of the evil rich people only at the end to find out that you were the next target of their insanity.

It basically comes down to the fact that the DemocRats have always wanted their slaves back.

OP
Dagwood

Dagwood

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
There is no science to modern climate change claims. It doesn't have to be when anyone or anything is shut down and destroyed for simply questioning the myth of the cult. The fake news will help in controlling the info that gets to the sheep until slaughter. Most can no longer think for themselves.

OP
Dagwood

Dagwood

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tncctz5lo1e31.jpg
climate change is just another front of a war being fought by elites that want power and control of everything and everyone.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport on 33s w/LSD, 2020 Sahara
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I posted real scientist's comments on climate change and real science articles on climate change including the warming on Mars mirroring our own and was banned because of liberal tears. After all, in todays wierd world it's feels before reals. These people can't be reasoned with and their politics are a cancer.
‘Bama Brother, this Southern boy has got yer back. I confound those people because they cannot pigeon-hole me. I’m a fiscal/science conservative who supports gay rights (everybody’s rights, really), a Zen Buddhist who accepts Jesus Christ as his savior, and a gun-toting military-for-life martial arts guy who is somewhat anti-NRA. They don’t know what the fuck to make of me.

Those bastards changed the narrative term “man-made global warming” to “climate change” for a reason. Climate change is a real phenomena that doesn’t have two shits to do with being man-made. Point that out to ‘em and it makes them sputter and shake like a dog shitting peach seeds.

Southern rant *off.*