AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
mine went in on 12/4, I’m waiting on shipping now
May I ask which model/trim you ordered ? And when you say shopping. Meaning it’s done awaiting to go to the dealer for pickup ? Right ?
Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
Oh man, that is brutal.
How long did you have to wait?
I ordered mine in 20th Feb, 2021. Took delivery last Friday., and I'm still awaiting accessories..... 🤷‍♀️
You guys have it pretty sweet over there.

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
My Jeep dealer quoted me NINE MONTHS for delivery from the day I placed an order.

Nine months.

My wife could have a baby quicker than that.
Dealerships in Australia have stopped giving an eta. Mine took 11 months and the estimated time if you order now is over 18 months.

Wait times have been attributed to availability of chips and parts (and components for parts ie. paint fleck for metallic paint) as the key factors to delaying production. Add shipping delays and customs requirements to that (not to mention covid mandate requirements) and you have one hell of a delay.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Dealerships in Australia have stopped giving an eta. Mine took 11 months and the estimated time if you order now is over 18 months.

Wait times have been attributed to availability of chips and parts (and components for parts ie. paint fleck for metallic paint) as the key factors to delaying production. Add shipping delays and customs requirements to that (not to mention covid mandate requirements) and you have one hell of a delay.
Sorry to hear that. Must make things difficult. And we complain when its a few months!

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
May I ask which model/trim you ordered ? And when you say shopping. Meaning it’s done awaiting to go to the dealer for pickup ? Right ?

Shipping as in waiting for a spot on the train, it has cleared final inspection. (Ordered on Saturday, 12/4/21)

2-Door Rubicon
  • Tuscadero
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • Color Match Hard Top & Fenders
  • Tow Package
  • Cold Weather Package
  • M/T tires
  • 2.0L 4cyl Engine w/Auto Trans
  • 8.4 Uconnect
  • Proximity Locks
  • Dark Saddle Leather
  • Safety Group (Not advanced though)
  • Gorilla Glass
  • Plastic Sill Guards

Last edited:

Gregarious

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered JLUR Nov 9, 2021.
I ordered a 4xe on Nov 9. When I chatted with Jeep around Jan 21, it had not yet been scheduled for production and wouldn't be until all the parts were in.

At this point, I am not expecting it to be built for another 3-6 months, and after that July order has been filled ; ) Like one poster said, Jeep's motto is "you'll get it when we send it to you."

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
I ordered a 4xe on Nov 9. When I chatted with Jeep around Jan 21, it had not yet been scheduled for production and wouldn't be until all the parts were in.

At this point, I am not expecting it to be built for another 3-6 months, and after that July order has been filled ; ) Like one poster said, Jeep's motto is "you'll get it when we send it to you."
I had the same thoughts as you, until today. I got the call from the dealer that I’m now D1, estimated completion of 3 Feb. 2022 XR 392 Rubi ordered 8 Oct. I had originally thought that the hold up was Gorilla Glass or Tow package, but after seeing posts of people getting those shipped after ordering well after me, I concluded one cannot try and sort it out anymore. It’s just forget about it and check once every couple weeks with Jeep Chat. Glad my guy at Dan Cummins caught it and called to let me know.

SharkByte

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Roughly 25,000 light years, from Sagittarius A*
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR... Ordered 12/29... Tesla Model S
Yep. The list is very long, but this seems to be the top 3:

1. Motor
2. Tires
3. Seats
Anything with a motor, tires or seats... is likely to be delayed! 🤣

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
They shouldn't have accepted the order if they didn't have the parts to build it plus the deposit
That's not how JIT manufacturing works. The deposit is a good will payment by the customer to the organization who now have to commit tens of thousands of dollars to parts, assembly costs, and transportation. Sitting on huge piles of parts inventory just to be able to build any permutation of the vehicle is fiscally irresponsible and will only drive costs up, which manufacturers will then pass on to end consumers. This is not what you want to happen.

The process itself is stupid simple. How it plays out though is super complex, because every vehicle is a collection of 10's of thousands of parts which have to be sourced, assembled, tested, and dispatched. A delay in *any* one of those thousands of parts will affect when your vehicle gets built and delivered. Given the current supply chain challenges, the fact that they're turning out as many vehicles as they are is pretty damn impressive.

And I say this as someone who really doesn't like FCA/Stellantis as a company.

Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is an insight for those including me who is waiting for their ‘22 orders abs following crypto. I just got an email from the dealer stating that production has started which was 3 days ago abs aprox delivery date is 2/16. However this info does not reflect on crypto

NBJeep305

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
I ordered a 22' Rubicon 4XE on 10/30. The build was completed and released from mopar shop on 1/10 but it has been awaiting rail assignment for the last 4 weeks.. Anyone on the same boat?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a 22' Rubicon 4XE on 10/30. The build was completed and released from mopar shop on 1/10 but it has been awaiting rail assignment for the last 4 weeks.. Anyone on the same boat?
I ordered 12/4, '22 Rubicon 2-Door, passed final inspection over 3 weeks ago, still waiting on shipping...

Kiki392

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubi 392, Ducati Streetfighter V4, BMW M850
Occupation
Finance Manager
Yes... My build went into kzs status on 2/16. No updates since then. Just waiting on a ride south I guess. I work at a CDJR dealership so I find myself checking multiple times a day. UGH!!!

Bob L.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon Extreme
Occupation
Retired
My 2022 JLUXR ordered in November, built in January and in KZS (Toledo Raceway Yard) status for the last month. Some say the “S” stands for in storage. Dealer can provide no further info. Jeep Chat provides no response. Why are some built units shipped and others sit for months at the factory?
Sponsored