Sponsored

Why haven't I received my 2022 Wrangler yet

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My 2022 JLUXR ordered in November, built in January and in KZS (Toledo Raceway Yard) status for the last month. Some say the “S” stands for in storage. Dealer can provide no further info. Jeep Chat provides no response. Why are some built units shipped and others sit for months at the factory?
I've had a theory that it could have to do with them not wanting to ship only one or a small number of Jeeps to one dealer or general location.

I've been thinking they may wait until they have a certain number to cut down on the shipping costs per vehicle. So they don't want to put it on a train if it then is the only (or one of very few) vehicles going on a truck to a particular location (unless they have a place to store it like the raceway yard). And if it does get put on a train, it may have to wait until they have enough vehicles to justify a truck to take them to some particular place.

This may explain why people have this theory that volume dealers are somehow prioritized. Just a thought.
Sponsored

variableknife

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Wrangler Sport S
So I ordered my 2022 JL unlimited sport s on 1/31/22. The dealer told me it would arrive in 8-12 weeks. Then I was told it would be ready 03/27/2022. Then it was 04/04/2022. Then 04/07/2022. Then 04/12/2022. Now finally sometime between 04/14/2022 and 04/28/2022. When I asked what the delay was, I was told that it was built and waiting to be shipped, but that the delay was in shipping it from Toledo to my dealer. Logistics issues. Now, mind you, I wouldn't have cared if I had to wait until June to get it, but I would have rather been told that from the get go and have been pleasantly surprised by better than expected performance, rather than getting my hopes up, only to have them dashed a few times. I will still be thrilled, but it's not a process for those lacking in patience.

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
So I ordered my 2022 JL unlimited sport s on 1/31/22. The dealer told me it would arrive in 8-12 weeks. Then I was told it would be ready 03/27/2022. Then it was 04/04/2022. Then 04/07/2022. Then 04/12/2022. Now finally sometime between 04/14/2022 and 04/28/2022. When I asked what the delay was, I was told that it was built and waiting to be shipped, but that the delay was in shipping it from Toledo to my dealer. Logistics issues. Now, mind you, I wouldn't have cared if I had to wait until June to get it, but I would have rather been told that from the get go and have been pleasantly surprised by better than expected performance, rather than getting my hopes up, only to have them dashed a few times. I will still be thrilled, but it's not a process for those lacking in patience.
I ordered mine on 1/29 and it's still in "the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process". You're lucky yours is built!