Sponsored

Why has they lease price for JL Rubicon almost doubled on jeep.com?

Plasterboard

First Name
Dryw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited
I was looking at getting a 2018 JL Rubicon 2 door, almost fully loaded, with a MSRP quoted on Jeeps website at about $43.5k. The price it quoted me, with a $2k down payment and a $2596 dealer discount based on amounts I was trying to knock off/negotiate off the MSRP, I got Jeeps website to display approx $384/mo. Some of these numbers aren’t exact but my point is I did this maybe 4-5 days ago. I looked again now and made the same build I did before and now the lease price is $650~ range!

Is there website not working right maybe? Or did they internally drop their residual values to the 30% range or something??

I was quite confused why it skyrocketed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t worry about advertised price ... look at RV, MF, and cap cost and work out the lease details.

Last few months:
Cap cost is down, 12% off MSRP? Good.
RV is down ~ 5%? Negative. I can’t believe this shifted that much in 1 month? Maybe another 3% worst case? Per Edmunds, no known changes yet.
MF is up but not up huge. Negative.

Run the numbers through a lease calculator. I use the $2 app Leasematic (no association)

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I was quite confused why it skyrocketed.
I recently spoke to a GM who is at a different brand dealer , and he said he is paid $1K per day . Gotta keep the dealers happy .
Sponsored