Sponsored

Why don't more people custom-order their JLs?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That’s not always true, though.

Right now Jeep.com says Mojito is still available and Sarge Green isn’t. That’s not true any more.

It also says you get a painted front bumper on Willys Sport, and a 2-door Recon is only $2,755 over Rubicon. None of these are true. The painted bumper on Willys Sport apparently is a graphics glitch, while the 4-door Recon shows the true cost of the package ($4,755) after you add the mandatory automatic transmission and 2.0T eTorque.

So the website has quite a few glitches, errors, omissions and outdated information, to say the least.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Right now Jeep.com says Mojito is still available and Sarge Green isn’t. That’s not true any more.

It also says you get a painted front bumper on Willys Sport, and a 2-door Recon is only $2,755 over Rubicon. None of these are true. The painted bumper on Willys Sport apparently is a graphics glitch, while the 4-door Recon shows the true cost of the package ($4,755) after you add the mandatory automatic transmission and 2.0T eTorque.

So the website has quite a few glitches, errors, omissions and outdated information, to say the least.
The FCA websites are notorious for being slow with updated information and for being inaccurate. You would think FCA would make updating the website with accurate data a priority considering most people do research online first.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

In all fairness, those sound like minor issues. Certainly, not enough to undermine the accuracy of the tool.

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
I really contemplated ordering exactly what I wanted, but found one very close And was able to test it extensively to be sure all steering systems were AOK

custom order gave no guarantee it would steer properly, had a bad one before and not taking the gamble again.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I just ordered a '20 JLUR yesterday. I wanted Sarge Green, the V6 and cloth interior, and it was the only way I was going to get that combination

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I got it at criswell jeep in Maryland. Found them on the recommended dealer thread.
I was not aware they were doing 9% under:).. I always heard 8% and lots of dealers around here will come close to that(7%) but for 9% i will buy from them for sure! Thank you.

Sponsored

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I got it at criswell jeep in Maryland. Found them on the recommended dealer thread.
Hi, Who was the sales person you worked with? I am trying to get the 9% deal, but my contact at criswell is sticking to the 8%. Thanks in advance

Dider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon unlimited
Hi, Who was the sales person you worked with? I am trying to get the 9% deal, but my contact at criswell is sticking to the 8%. Thanks in advance
My sales person is Leon Travis. Maybe because I ordered in January, maybe there were different incentives?

jack0351

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2013 Ram 3500, 2000 HD FXST,
Reasons not to order: Ease, convenience, simplicity; offset by the necessity of compromise. This Jeep was the third vehicle that I've ordered in the last 25 years, and I still have the other two.

I chose to order mine to get certain things, and not get certain things. I have the 8.4 radio in my 3500, and did not want it in the Jeep, since I could not split the options available for the 8.4. I found several Jeeps that were close to what I wanted, but none were exact. The dealerships involved didn't want to work with me, or in one case wanted nearly as much for a 2018 as a 2019, at the end of the 2019 model year.

I ordered a 2020 Willys in order to get (nearly) exactly what I wanted. There were a couple of things that I was required to get- the garage door opener with the cold weather package being a big one. The rock sliders and the MT tires were required as part of the Willys package. On the positive side, my Jeep stirred so much interest that they had to put a "sold" sign on it to get people to quit offering to buy it.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Instant gratification.
Sponsored