Sponsored

Why don't more people custom-order their JLs?

moonlit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My sales person is Leon Travis. Maybe because I ordered in January, maybe there were different incentives?
+1 on Leon. Ordered a JLUR from him that is on its way. He has been great to work with. Makes it super easy and painless to get what you want.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
When I bought mine it was in a whim and I didnt know you could order. Literally did it through email on Christmas Eve and gave me a deal I couldn't pass up

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
I ordered mine yesterday here in Alberta. I sent out a Jeep.ca build sheet to a couple of dealers and buddy had the best price by far. I wanted the Dual top group and in no way did I want the Advanced Safety Group. Adaptive cruise? Lane Departure warning? Give me a break! Anyway, I had trailer Tow package on my build sheet. After I told buddy I was coming by to order it, I decided to delete the $900 trailer tow as upon further review, it only had a Class 2 receiver. I would just install a class 3 when I took possession. He revised the sheet taking 805 off the total. I said why no 900? He told me they will credit back dealer invoice only. I had a laugh. Good guy, great price. I said to him , there better be a bottle of rum in it when it arrives. .

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
You would be surprised at how many people don't know you can order a car. Most of the car buying population probably does not know much about the buying process.

People buy cars for different reasons. Cars are just tools to get them from point A to point B for most people. Cars are a hobby for enthusiast and they research.

I think necessity, timing, or convenience are probably the main reasons people buy off the lot. They might not have the luxury of waiting for a ordered vehicle to arrive. Needing to replace a crashed or broken vehicle are probably the main reasons. They just need to replace basic transportation to get to work again. It's just cream if the vehicle they happen to buy off the lot has a nice rebate.

Enthusiast cars and trucks are probably a little different. First enthusiast usually know a lot more about the car hobby. They research more on forums like this. Wranglers might not be used as daily drivers as much. They may be a second or third vehicle for some people. They have the luxury of spending more time researching, shopping, ordering and waiting for delivery. They may take advantage of a deal on a lot that is too good to pass up if there is a rebate.

Modern logistics are transforming the way the world shops. Think Amazon. Cars are no different. Most Teslas are ordered. I think Porsche is going to try a pilot program for ordering cars where you build and order your car online and they deliver it to your door.

FCA is really fast if they get everything right with suppliers and transport. I find it's really unbelievable how fast the ordering/delivery process on a Wrangler can be if everything is perfect. I emailed my JLR specs to my salesman and he confirmed the order and provided no BS pricing within the hour. Minutes later I called in a $100 deposit on my credit card and he emailed me confirmation a minute later. A day later I get a VON. Less then a week later I was informed it was bring built. In my case total time was less then 2 weeks from order to delivery. I herd of some order to deliveries taking 10-11 days.
Sponsored