Sponsored

Why doesn’t Jeep offer cool colors?

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Good to know. I'm not familiar with matte paint care, but this makes sense. Though still, with all the high-tech machinery available... I'm sure they could figure a solution to offer a factory matte PPF option.

Like AFD said, I would've gladly paid for it. A mass produced, machine-applied PPF would certainly be much cheaper than paying for it to be done by hand at a reputable private shop (around $7k)
They can't even apply paint properly at the factory, you really think they would be able to apply PPF, that thing would be lifting at the edges, and they would say, yeah that's ok, come back if it peels off completely when you get on the highway.

I had to steal my 5 year old's lizard sticker to cover up their 💩 paint job.

Jeep Wrangler JL Why doesn’t Jeep offer cool colors? Screenshot_20230324-160026
Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
I was a bit upset when Jeep brought back Punk'n, just as my 2023 order was set to arrive in October last year! 🔸🧡🔸🧡🔸😵

I'd already missed out on Snazzberry because 2022 orders had closed by the time I got around to ordering. Was insult to injury, but I guess it gives me another reason to buy another one in three years...IF those colors come back again by then! 😅

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
There have been studies that show bright colors sell better during time of good news and prosperity. Drab colors during down times. Draw your own conclusions.

Also, it seemed that under Italian ownership, they veiwed the Wrangler as more of a fun vehicle and offered fun colors more often. Under French/Dutch ownership, it seems that they want to go upmarket. That means more flake and pearl paints along with more dark colors.

Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
I'm just bitter that we got High Velocity Yellow (too green) and Hellayella (too red) but never Solar Yellow (perfect neutral yellow).
I love my reddish HellaYella. But I sure would love to have a Solar Yellow TJ Rubi in the garage next to it.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
People want beige and gray.

Gray cars parked in front of beige houses in gray cookie cutter neighborhoods, following bland influencers telling them how to fit in with everyone else. They've had everyone around them sucking the life out of life since they were children and they just don't know any better at this point.

Not everyone. But far too many. And they drive the sales figures.
The Caribbean culture is all about color. We were like that not too long ago and then trends went to black, white and every shade in between.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why doesn’t Jeep offer cool colors? 92009D5F-ADE7-421B-90F7-A88886049B05

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me or does the factory colors jeep offers seem quite underwhelming? Why don’t they offer more metallic paint colors that aren’t just different tones of gray/silver or flat colors.
you would think they would maybe visit the Dodge website after all its all one company. The colors for the Challengers and Chargers has always been awesome.

Deleted member 59498

As of now, I think so. Might be something like Granite Crystal, that seems to disappear a few times each year and then reappears after they replenish their supply of colorless crystals or whatever.

(Real reason is they're probably trying to avoid being made fun of in the forums for offering 4 different greys at the same time 😬)..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ats-wireless-carplay-more.110295/post-2290866

1678903381670.png
Haha yeah because there is several shades of gray!

We need sting crystal metallic Grey. Use Grey instead of gray7

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
If I had the means for an expensive toy, I’d have a highly modded 392 in Tuscadero. Love that color
I was cruising down the freeway the other day minding my own business in my JLUR when some guy pulls up next to me in a Tuscadero 392, gives me a nod then mashes on the gas. He took off like a bat out of hell and I'm sure the exhaust cutouts were wide open. For a split second I thought, what an asshole, then I realized I would do the same thing if I was driving a Tuscadero 392.
Sponsored