Sponsored

Why does the Sport model need fender close outs to get same milage as many other models?

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
What did you use to cut them? I am thinking of cutting mine and trying to decide what type of tool would do the best job. My thoughts are dremel with cut-off, snips and small hack saw? Any thoughts? Thanks.
I removed them from the vehicle, then warmed them up with a heat gun. A nice sharp utility knife goes through them like butter when they are warm. Others have cut them on the vehicle even, but I was afraid I'd slip with the knife and gouge the bumper so I played it safe and removed them.

Other have used a Dremel, but honestly heating them up and cutting with a knife worked so well and was so easy I'm not sure I'd want to try the Dremel, but everyone has their method I guess :)

Mine turned out great, and I love the way it looks. I though those air dams were the goofiest looking things I'd ever seen and they just had to go.
Sponsored

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
I removed them from the vehicle, then warmed them up with a heat gun. A nice sharp utility knife goes through them like butter when they are warm. Others have cut them on the vehicle even, but I was afraid I'd slip with the knife and gouge the bumper so I played it safe and removed them.

Other have used a Dremel, but honestly heating them up and cutting with a knife worked so well and was so easy I'm not sure I'd want to try the Dremel, but everyone has their method I guess :)

Mine turned out great, and I love the way it looks. I though those air dams were the goofiest looking things I'd ever seen and they just had to go.
Thanks for your reply. I never would have thought of that. I will give it a try. 👍

OP
OP
mdkautzman

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
To answer your original question about mileage numbers, all the other models like Sahara and Rubicon get their EPA /CAFE #s from whatever the Sport is. Each model is not tested separately. Jeep certified these with the Sport model so wanted to get the highest number possible. This is a bit of an oversimplified answer, but that's why. I wish my Rubicon was able to get Sport #s lol
Thank you!
Sponsored