Sponsored

Why does the JL have the steering stabilizer under the tie rod?

devicemanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
I was considering adding a Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer, but I am concerned about the JL's factory location. From my research it appears many are buying the JK version w/ 1-5/8" clamp and relocating it to the top of the tie rod. I called Fox to get some insight, and all the rep could really say was "check out the synergy relocation kit." I asked if Fox had any negatives on using the JK 2.0 TS version on a JL, and he just said it hasn't been engineered for it. Are there any cons, and am I correct that it should be a direct fit with no issues?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...eries-ts-steering-stabilizer-jeep-wrangler-jk
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was considering adding a Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer, but I am concerned about the JL's factory location. From my research it appears many are buying the JK version w/ 1-5/8" clamp and relocating it to the top of the tie rod. I called Fox to get some insight, and all the rep could really say was "check out the synergy relocation kit." I asked if Fox had any negatives on using the JK 2.0 TS version on a JL, and he just said it hasn't been engineered for it. Are there any cons, and am I correct that it should be a direct fit with no issues?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...eries-ts-steering-stabilizer-jeep-wrangler-jk
Mines JK version, it’s for 1.5” tie rod. JL factory tie rod is 1-5/8”. If your not putting on smaller diameter tie rod then just order the one for JL..

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Mines JK version, it’s for 1.5” tie rod. JL factory tie rod is 1-5/8”. If your not putting on smaller diameter tie rod then just order the one for JL..
You don’t want to order the JL version because it comes with the wrong axle bracketry. You can get the JK version with options for 3 different size tie rod clamps.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

I used the Metalcloak axle side bracket. I think I had to make one of the holes slightly bigger.