Sponsored

Why do some Rubicons stand taller than others? (Stock, no lift)

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
All the more reason to lift it and make the rest have to look up when you pull along side them. ;)

20200823_013500.jpg
Taller tires are another "lift". Rubicons use taller tires which negates the 4.11 diffs.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Taller tires are another "lift". Rubicons use taller tires which negates the 4.11 diffs.
3.45 - > 4.10 is a lot bigger difference than the stock tire difference.
A stock rubicon with 37s would have the same effective ratio as a Sport 3.45 on stock tires.
A stock rubicon with 35s would have the same effective ratio as a Sport with optional 3.73 on stock tires.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Steel Bumpers, towing package, steel bumpers with towing package, 392, 4xe or diesel (weight diff), hard top vs soft top vs SOT, amount of gear or occupants inside, factory tolerances, and combination of the previous... There are plenty of reasons to see differences. Even lighting and angle.
Yep. Even different colors, painted and non-painted fenders can make one look higher than another.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I feel like our ‘21 3.6 eTorque sits lower than any JLU Rubicon I’ve seen. It’s lower than what our 19 Sahara 2.0 eTorque was with the previous Rubicon suspension too. I verified the current spring part numbers are stock (bought with 3500 miles on it) but they are lower part numbers than the earlier years it seems. It has tow, hardtop, and steel bumpers. It’s fine for us though.

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
3.45 - > 4.10 is a lot bigger difference than the stock tire difference.
A stock rubicon with 37s would have the same effective ratio as a Sport 3.45 on stock tires.
A stock rubicon with 35s would have the same effective ratio as a Sport with optional 3.73 on stock tires.
You are correct Sir. Thank you for pin pointing this. I was thinking more in round numbers to my JLU Diesel Sport 3.73 diffs, additional weight of Rubicon over a Sport etc. The factory steel wheels/tires are the lightest of any. My Fuel 17s & 265 / 70s are quite a bit heavier than the factory's. This tire size is wider & a hair shorter (1 MPH) than standard. I getting a hair closer to the 4.10s
Sponsored