Sponsored

Why do some people bother buying wranglers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
I like the video with young lady because she is an extreme off-roader and points out the things that they discovered in doing so. The whiny millennial is just complaining about random stuff on his wife’s Mall runner.
Yr kidding , please tell me
You are right ?
Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
It's funny, all these old folks like to talk about millennials but don't know that they themselves bitch and whine about new tech in a modern society.
Even funnier is its a troll, by a guy who actually builds sick jeeps from the ground up for years including fabrication etc, trolling a channel with their first jeep that they get 15k + mods for free ....

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread (insert thread necromancy magic: the gathering jpg here) but this thread was just painful to read through. I used many of this guy’s videos when fixing my YJ years ago (the YJ and the XJ have a lot in common, especially if they have the same engine). He’s a legit jeeper and was a huge help back then. When I saw this video I knew exactly what it was going to be: a tongue-in-cheek poke at the type of complaints non-jeep people will have about the JL.

The video was posted like 24 days after the fix for loud cooling fans was released... and some of you expected him to A. know that before dealers probably did and B. get his wife’s jeep fixed and C. shoot and edit this video all in that time frame? Not everyone browses the online forums, especially not the “Issues and fixes” section when they already know how to fix jeeps. And do you know that shooting and editing video takes time? He might have shot this footage on 16 October, who knows.

As for Lite Brite, I generally don’t watch youtubers about jeeps anymore (since selling my YJ and not needing to fix stuff constantly) so I haven’t seen many of their videos. But their videos come across as click-baitey, from the sex appeal (which I have no problem with) to the titles of videos (WE BLEW UP OUR JL!!!11!1). I’m sure they’re nice enough in real life (I’ve heard they are) and I’d probably love wheeling with them. But I don’t put them in the same category as Bleepin Jeep who’s a jeep veteran. LB is new to the jeep scene.

186AC097-4013-49FB-A8A3-F3FE79A21C7A.png
Funny that the OP’s little green active dot on his avatar is on. He’s not even chiming in here, just trolling the feedback. Also, the shorts aren’t offensive, except on this guy and if you skip leg day or have soda straws for legs—I own a pair. It’s the v-neck that triggers me.
Hahaha. Yeah I also own a pair of American flag ranger panties, they’re fucking awesome.

this guy gets mad respect. from most veteran jeepers. so i can only assume, if you are dissing this guy, you are probably a first time jeep owner and have never heard of matt. or you take your wrangler to a shop, browse the catalogue, pick out a few parts and pick it up when the shop calls to tell you it's ready.
he's an xj guy, has been for years. so am i, so i have been following matt for at least 8 to 10 years. he has many good vids on shop tool comparisons, as well as good diy vids on fabrication with, mostly xj, but all around jeep fab, even his dump truck made it into a vid. lol.
and he never wears that getup, at least, not while he's grinding or welding. you don't get to see him often outside of the shop. this vid is a first for me too.
i am a long time subscriber of his channel. he's a good guy. very knowledgeable.
the JL is his wife's jeep.
Thanks for saying this so I didn’t have to. I ended up typing more than I thought I would at the top of this post.

I like the video with young lady because she is an extreme off-roader and points out the things that they discovered in doing so. The whiny millennial is just complaining about random stuff on his wife’s Mall runner.
BB8D1628-BA25-4E44-8980-A0381866588D.jpeg

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
186AC097-4013-49FB-A8A3-F3FE79A21C7A.png
Funny that the OP’s little green active dot on his avatar is on. He’s not even chiming in here, just trolling the feedback. Also, the shorts aren’t offensive, except on this guy and if you skip leg day or have soda straws for legs—I own a pair. It’s the v-neck that triggers me.
So we got Rickrolled

source.gif

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I do not understand why some people buy wranglers. I mean this guy complains about everything from window switch location to completing the steering of the Jeep to be a tundra .I mean doesn't he know that love solid axles are different than IDF. Here is his video but fair warning, you may yell at the guy throughout.
Millennials have nothing better to do I guess, but complain. Specifically this guys case. I'm very, very happy with my jeep. I came from a 2015 BMW 435I, and have driven BMW's for the last 20 years. So go figure. Age, and temperament applies here.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Millennials have nothing better to do I guess, but complain. Specifically this guys case. I'm very, very happy with my jeep. I came from a 2015 BMW 435I, and have driven BMW's for the last 20 years. So go figure. Age, and temperament applies here.
I seriously cannot tell if this is all just one massive orchestrated troll

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I seriously cannot tell if this is all just one massive orchestrated troll
Makes me wonder as well. I'm a little pissy tonight, so I guess that's what came out of my mouth (thought). Life's short gotta ignore the little things and be happy! :)

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Makes me wonder as well. I'm a little pissy tonight, so I guess that's what came out of my mouth (thought). Life's short gotta ignore the little things and be happy! :)
I feel you, it was a long week at work and I’m sitting here with an itchy small pox vaccine blister on my arm that I can’t scratch.

But anyway I went back and watched Bleepin’ Jeeps video again and the moment he complained about the hood latch is when I remember realizing it was parody the first time I watched it. The idea that Matt would even notice that is laughable, he probably had to seriously think hard and look all over the jeep to find that one.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I feel you, it was a long week at work and I’m sitting here with an itchy small pox vaccine blister on my arm that I can’t scratch.

But anyway I went back and watched Bleepin’ Jeeps video again and the moment he complained about the hood latch is when I remember realizing it was parody the first time I watched it. The idea that Matt would even notice that is laughable, he probably had to seriously think hard and look all over the jeep to find that one.
Lol isn't that small pox great:like:... However, I'd rather have it again than that freaking anthrax...:headbang:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Lol isn't that small pox great:like:... However, I'd rather have it again than that freaking anthrax...:headbang:
What?! No way! The anthrax was sore for a while if I remember correctly but at least it didn’t leave an infectious blister that you can’t have in the same household as babies!

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Little Brit is a waste of YouTube space.
When I first decided I was going to get my JL a year ago, I spent a weekend watching everything Light Brite, TFL, and a couple others put out about it. Seeing how much fun they had was a significant factor for me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.