Sponsored

Why do some people bother buying wranglers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
GregMG79

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Lol...and no, I was not yearning for a response. I watched your video. I didn’t care for it. With all of your complaints you have against it, why did you buy a JL?
One complaint? I agree that's alot .
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Lol...and no, I was not yearning for a response. I watched your video. I didn’t care for it. With all of your complaints you have against it, why did you buy a JL?
You must be somewhere north of 50 years old, its clearly not his video, did you even read the original post?

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
You must be somewhere north of 50 years old, its clearly not his video, did you even read the original post?
Hey, watch it with the ageism, its 2018 man. ;)

I was going to say something else but I'm over 50 and I can't remember what it was. Oh well.
Now where are my keys?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Exactly. North of 50. Trying to say I don’t know how to use the interwebs? Meh. I don’t care whose video it is. The video sucks. Better still, disregard my posts on the OP—I blew right past his stuff and honed in on the video. I conflated the two.

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Mainly millennial style whining.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I mean I do not understand why some people buy wranglers. I mean this guy complains about everything from window switch location to completing the steering of the Jeep to be a tundra .I mean doesn't he know that love solid axles are different than IDF. Here is his video but fair warning, you may yell at the guy throughout.
Oh, I see what you did there...
Does no one else see the parody here?
This video showed up as recommended on my you tube. I didn’t watch it because of the ridiculous outfit. But now seeing this post and reading this thread, I may give it a chance. The parody illustrated here is hilarious. From the short shorts to the Grand Cherokee on the right, I give him props for the effort put in. I’ll have to give it a click now.

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Oh, I see what you did there...
Does no one else see the parody here?
I like the video with young lady because she is an extreme off-roader and points out the things that they discovered in doing so. The whiny millennial is just complaining about random stuff on his wife’s Mall runner.

Sauce

First Name
D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I like the video with young lady because she is an extreme off-roader and points out the things that they discovered in doing so. The whiny millennial is just complaining about random stuff on his wife’s Mall runner.
Brother, the whiny millennial your speaking of has many, many videos of him actually fabricating entire vehicles and thrashing them in ways no full bodied JL is likely to do for some time. Not that Brittney and Kevin aren’t putting their Jeep through its paces, but Bleepin Jeep is on another level of the off-roading community.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Yeah, no click from me either. I follow Lite Brite and made the connection PDQ.
Light Brit channel is a GIMICK they don't Jeep they torture the Jeep, Carnage is not Jeeping and keep adding stuff and scare people into buying the sponsorship stuff they us on their Jeep like it fixed all the stuff they self inflicted damage.
They have post on every Jeep site saying the same stuff CLICK BATE

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Brother, the whiny millennial your speaking of has many, many videos of him actually fabricating entire vehicles and thrashing them in ways no full bodied JL is likely to do for some time. Not that Brittney and Kevin aren’t putting their Jeep through its paces, but Bleepin Jeep is on another level of the off-roading community.
I agree with you, Their channel is A GIMICK to peddle Sponsored parts they get for free, the Death wobble video was a self inflicted damage and scared people to run out and buy the items they so called fixed it with.
Carnage is not Jeeping it's foolish and Dangerous. Real Jeepers don't want damage.

Sponsored

Vark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU
I don't think it occurred to him that he might take the front doors off while leaving the rears on.
That has become my standard configuration along with the ST down and love every minute of it.

Sauce

First Name
D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I agree with you, Their channel is A GIMICK to peddle Sponsored parts they get for free, the Death wobble video was a self inflicted damage and scared people to run out and buy the items they so called fixed it with.
Carnage is not Jeeping it's foolish and Dangerous. Real Jeepers don't want damage.
I mean, I have to disagree. They are pretty accurate representatives of what I know the off-roading community to be like. Their style of wheeling is very similar to that of myself and most people that I know. You have to understand that there are also plenty of times you have to say “is this line really worth it?” And bust the winch out. But damage happens, parts wear out, and then they get replaced.

It’s not for everyone, but it is fun for quite a lot of people. Personally, I love what they've been doing in such a short time and I always look forward to their videos. Different strokes and all that.

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
@Jo's Jeep … Once I saw the shorts, I was done before I thought about hitting "play.' I thought I was the only one with that pair & at that moment I had zero interest in the content or the visual similarities.
Once I saw the shorts in the other video, I was all in

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Status
Not open for further replies.