Sponsored

Why do some people bother buying wranglers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
I mean I do not understand why some people buy wranglers. I mean this guy complains about everything from window switch location to completing the steering of the Jeep to be a tundra .I mean doesn't he know that love solid axles are different than IDF. Here is his video but fair warning, you may yell at the guy throughout.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I do not understand why some people buy wranglers. I mean this guy complains about everything from window switch location to completing the steering of the Jeep to be a tundra .I mean doesn't he know that love solid axles are different than IDF. Here is his video but fair warning, you may yell at the guy throughout.
Yeah, he's kind of funny. He does love Jeeps, though. I think he'll warm up to it as he mods it and fixes some things. I don't think it occurred to him that he might take the front doors off while leaving the rears on. If the window switches were on the doors, he'd wind up complaining about that.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
He should be ignored for his outfit alone. I don't know how much of an appetite JL owners here have for fame-hungry, aspiring You-Tubers spouting their dislikes about the JL. Many of us have already seen just about all of them & all that shows up now is recycled material.

I can't speak for all, but I lean towards content that's educational & informative, similar to installation & instruction put out by @American Jeeper .

No viewing interest here...Thanks, but no thanks.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
ignore and dont give the clickbaits, he is trying to make money and has to come up with videos, dont feed the fake news trolls

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Just looking for clicks.

Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Most are worthy criticisms and he does state overall, he likes it (video forthcoming of course). But to me, most importantly, he/that channel put out good tutorials and I’ve definitely learned some things from him so... click bait? Yeah, welcome to the internet. :ontheloo:

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well, of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However these complaints seem like first world problems to me, and nothing serious. I just did 60+ miles on a rough-offroad adventure and was just simply amazed how quiet and stable my new JLU was as I left to head home on the Highway @ 75pmh. So to each his/her own.

Reactions: VNT

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Well, of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However these complaints seem like first world problems to me, and nothing serious. I just did 60+ miles on a rough-offroad adventure and was just simply amazed how quiet and stable my new JLU was as I left to head home on the Highway @ 75pmh. So to each his/her own.
I feel like this is important too. People bitch about “I spent $50k and it makes a funny noise!” Yeah? Well, the trails and obstacles I drove through less than 24 hours ago.... very FEW vehicles would have survived, let alone enjoyed it and asked for more. You’re buying a Jeep!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
the issue with these videos is that the jl could be perfect, but some with a motive to make money will bash it, so I dont even bother looking at them, because if you ignore them they go away. so is he bitching about stupid, the usual echo chamber about bad welds( read it was limited to about 70 bad frames but reading the interweb here you would assume 90% had bad welds LOL instead of 70 out of 220k units made last model yr 2018), or doesnt he like where they put switches, yawn.
dont feed the fake news trolls

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
He should be ignored for his outfit alone. I don't know how much of an appetite JL owners here have for fame-hungry, aspiring You-Tubers spouting their dislikes about the JL. Many of us have already seen just about all of them & all that shows up now is recycled material.

I can't speak for all, but I lean towards content that's educational & informative, similar to installation & instruction put out by @American Jeeper .

No viewing interest here...Thanks, but no thanks.
Thank you for the kind words. I found it insteresting that what is probably the biggest Jeep YT channel put out that video. To each their own though and they have some viewers, so someone obviously likes it. I can definitely say you won’t see me in that getup any time soon.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh, I see what you did there...
Does no one else see the parody here?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the kind words. I found it insteresting that what is probably the biggest Jeep YT channel put out that video. To each their own though and they have some viewers, so someone obviously likes it. I can definitely say you won’t see me in that getup any time soon.
Credit where it's deserved, sir.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@Jo's Jeep … Once I saw the shorts, I was done before I thought about hitting "play.' I thought I was the only one with that pair & at that moment I had zero interest in the content or the visual similarities.

DesmoDog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ducati 851
Oh, I see what you did there...
Does no one else see the parody here?
That was my first thought too. I didn't bother clicking on it so can't be sure but I just assumed it was a parody of the other vid.

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Didn’t bother clicking same with blonde girl one clickbait they want you get riled up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.