Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
So you have something to sell to recoup the costs of the wheels and tires of your choosing.
lol, yes, as well as having a drive able vehicle to sell. It seems to me the market for stock wheels and tires would be too flooded to get a good price if "Everyone" swaps out their wheels.

I know in reality not everyone does this and from what I've seen most Jeeps still have their factory wheels. I've got no complaints over my wheels and will keep them on my Jeep, and take them on the trail.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
a drive able vehicle
You won't be able to drive it , if the stop-start stops your engine and it doesn't start it again . I'll challenge a start-stop to a race anyday .

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You won't be able to drive it , if the stop-start stops your engine and doesn't start it again . I'll challenge a start-stop to a race anyday .
good to know, you won't be able to pass a gas station.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
good to know, you won't be able to pass a gas station.
Can you imagine any race car with start-stop , lol ? What a sick joke that start-stop is . Can you imagine a man-woman relationship with start-stop ?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can you imagine any race car with start-stop , lol ? What a sick joke that start-stop is . Can you imagine a man-woman relationship with start-stop ?
I'm curious how factory wheels reminded you of your hatred for new (to Wrangler) technology?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'm curious how factory wheels reminded you of your hatred for new (to Wrangler) technology?
Correlation between impractical wheels and impractical start-stop technology , likely dreamed up by an impractical fool . Jeep ought to have hired AEV as consultants .

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Correlation between impractical wheels and impractical start-stop technology , likely dreamed up by an impractical fool . Jeep ought to have hired AEV as consultants .
Wheels that are round and competently move my Jeep at highway speeds and up and down hills in overland driving aren't impractical.

And on top of that I have a system that automatically and flawlessly shuts down and restarts the engine when my vehicle is sitting at a stop light... aiding me in getting 5 MPG better than my old truck. I'm happy with it.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
JK/TJ/CJ owners that like the new appearance. I had no problem selling mine at all.
I really can't see a CJ or even a YJ with modern wheels... It just won't look right.

JKs probably...

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I have a system that automatically and flawlessly shuts down and restarts the engine when my vehicle is sitting
Can you imagine a guy telling a girl that is how his body works ? lol . Can you imagine a military Jeep in a fight starting and stopping ? lol .

Start-stop is Not a man-energy trait , especially out on the trail . The entire concept is unbelievably stupid . What could go wrong ? Defeat . Ask anyone at AEV .

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can you imagine a guy telling a girl that is how his body works ? lol . Can you imagine a military Jeep in a fight starting and stopping ? lol .

Start-stop is Not a man-energy trait , especially out on the trail . The entire concept is unbelievably stupid . What could go wrong ? Defeat . Ask anyone at AEV .

Well, since the early 80s we haven't used Jeeps in any branch of the Military. HMMWVs are almost purely mechanical with very little electronic control so they'll still function if an EMP were to come into play. You can cut the wire to the alternator on one of those and it will run till its out of fuel or you manually shut off. Plus, if I had one of those old Jeeps in Iraq that IED would have killed all 4 of us instead of just leaving me with a headache.

Start-stop is all about saving fuel when you're on a normal on road drive, there's a little button for you to disable it when you're on the trail, etc.
I've had absolutely no issues with my ESS on my daily drive to work/church/ect in this Jeep. I take it off road and I press the button, simple as that.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
if I had one of those old Jeeps in Iraq that IED would have killed all 4 of us instead of just leaving me with a headache.

Start-stop is all about saving fuel when you're on a normal on road drive, there's a little button for you to disable it when you're on the trail, etc.
High-five for your guts and class in Iraq . I put a Duster decal on my Jeep .

Also , fist-bump for your rational dialogue .

However , you're not saving much fuel to make up for the possibility of electronic wiring going south . The Humvee contractors got that right . Ask anyone at AEV .

Jeep owners are not known for being concerned about fuel prices . That's why you also have a honda and yamaha . Ask anyone at AEV .
Sponsored