Why did you choose that color? w/pics

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
This is a great thread. I love my Sting Gray but always liked bright jeeps. With trade/resale as high as they are right now I'm seriously mulling a Chief, Gecko or Nacho order. This is really helping.....or not, depending on how you see it!
Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
This one's easy. I'm colorblind.

Since I can't be 100% sure of what color I'm seeing, I like sticking with the monotones.
Also, I deal with fleet vehicles and don't want to be reminded of work (white, gray)... l choose black.

This is also the reason I opted for black instead of saddle (tan?) seats.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I chose granite because it is the closest option to black. Black is a pain and shows everything so I went to grey. It does better at hiding some of the back woods pin striping.

My first Jeep was black. Then I painted it grey.

Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics dookeyditch2

My last TJ started as silver but ended up Cyber Grey Metallic to match my Corvette.

Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics 27Totw3

And my JL started life with grey so I didn't have to paint it up. :CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics 20200930_143700

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I started looking at Wranglers in 2013. Didn't care for the way they rode so I decided to pass until the 2018 model year when I read they had improved the ride.

Kept test driving a Wrangler every few months but just about the time I was ready to pull the trigger, my wife's car got totaled by a distracted driver.

Decided to purchase her a new car instead of me and picked her out a 2019 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude in Granite Crystal. Love the color!

When Bikini came out I told myself that was going to be the color of my Wrangler, when I get it. But I wasn't ready to purchase anything quite yet and Bikini didn't stick around long at all.

When it was time to test drive a 2021 Wrangler, I choose, for whatever reason, on a High Altitude in Snazzberry with full time 4 wheel drive. The color was better than I even expected and my wife, who usually doesn't like red, really liked it.

The High Altitude was gorgeous with everything painted including mirrors, door handles and of course the bumpers. But I wanted to eventually change the front bumper to one I can mount a winch on. Why pay more for a painted bumper only to take it off?

I decided to go with the Sahara Altitude in Snazzberry. I did mention the color Hydro Blue to my wife before ordering and her only response was "kinda bright". While I didn't need her blessing on the color I choose, I did want her to like it.

Would I pick the same color again? Oh, yes! It shows dust and water spots very, very well. But oh, is it super sharp when it is shined up.

J and J.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I liked the Mojito, my wife hated it. We both liked the Firecracker red, but we thought we would get tired of it. We bought the white because I thought it would look good accented out with black and red.

I think the wihite looks great and hides pinstripes great. I think the red and black contrast great with the white. I originally thought I would do a big vinyl decal down the side, but just never found one that I thought was cool enough to motivate me to buy it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics 1620989568824

Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics 1620989601164

Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubi
I LOVE how color is such a big part of Jeep ownership... more than any other vehicle.

I appreciate all the colors, especially the wilder colors, but for me, the trick is finding something special and unique, but not something that stands out too dramatically.

Sarge Green is perrrrrrfect:

image0.jpeg

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I liked the Mojito, my wife hated it. We both liked the Firecracker red, but we thought we would get tired of it. We bought the white because I thought it would look good accented out with black and red.

I think the wihite looks great and hides pinstripes great. I think the red and black contrast great with the white. I originally thought I would do a big vinyl decal down the side, but just never found one that I thought was cool enough to motivate me to buy it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics image0

Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics image0
What step sides are you running? They look great!

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
My TJ was red (see avatar on left), so I didn't want to go that route, again.

I just cannot bring myself to be able to live daily with one of the bright or neon colors.

I found a used white Rubicon on a Honda dealer lot, drove it, and damned near bought it. But, it sold before I could convince the wife. Once convinced, we decided to order because of the ridiculous price of used ones. I went in planning on white...until I looked at Billet Silver. I quickly became torn between the two, but silver won out. I have since become completely sold on silver, and if they removed that color from my order and told me to pick another, I would be in a real pickle. The metal flake in the silver, the black accents, and the Rubicon trim is just stunning in person (pics just don't do it justice).

A Jeep website pic will have to do, as I am 58 days past my order and haven't taken delivery, yet...
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics Jeep final 2

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
My first Jeep was a HyperGreen Renegade (just couldn't swing a Wrangler yet). I loved that bright color that no one had I could find my Jeep anywhere. When searching for a Wrangler I saw a HellaYella Islander and loved the color. Showed my wife and she agreed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics PXL_20210313_154526669

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Dang, I don't have a good story like everyone else! In the past I've owned silver, red, black, a tan-ish kind of color and white. So thought I'd go with sting gray since I haven't had a vehicle that color yet. Will never get another black vehicle though, It'd look dirty 2 seconds after I would wash it and that drove me nuts!

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I mean, really…look at it! :involve:
IMG_3136-X3.jpg

I’ve wanted an orange car for the longest time. I jumped on the Miata 30th Anniversary edition reservation (it is a glorious orange) as my third Miata. Long story short…I realized I couldn’t drive a Miata any more due to knee and shoulder.

In the meantime, hubby sold his JK.

Damn, I missed that Jeep!

So I cancelled the Miata reservation and got a Punk’n JL. I couldn’t be happier.

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
I’ve always liked dark colors - I had an emerald green YJ, dark blue LJ, black XJ, Wk2 and dark grey 4 runner. Went with black for my JL since I like the black/ red look..
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics 337FF87C-A3CA-47E3-B580-A2013D2E9D33
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics 47F3CC04-68A0-49EC-BDA7-F239AE58AE5D
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you choose that color? w/pics 444A87AE-6CD5-4714-8EF7-537BDD94B957

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
This is a great thread. I love my Sting Gray but always liked bright jeeps. With trade/resale as high as they are right now I'm seriously mulling a Chief, Gecko or Nacho order. This is really helping.....or not, depending on how you see it!
Chief and Nacho are no longer available to order. I wouldn't count on Gecko being around a long time either.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I initally went to buy a Mojito or Ocean Blue. Once I saw the Mojito, i decided it was not a long term color for me. I liked the Ocean Blue. Before we even went to the dealer, my wife was saying how much she liked Sting Gray. Once we looked at all the colors on the lot, Sting Gray it was. 2 years later and I still love Sting Gray.

20210419_201351.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.