Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Because I couldn't find a CJ7.
Before I put in my factory order, I was actually considering a YJ with 17,000 original miles. It was definitely an excellent condition too. The guy selling it was the original owner, the interior was basically pristine. And he was only asking $14,000 for it at the time. I almost took him up on it, but a week later the EcoDiesel was announced. Honestly still think about that YJ from time to time. It had the i4. I wonder whatever happened to it and I hope whoever bought it is treating it right.
Sponsored

Shabba84

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I spent 3 years and a lot of money trying to make my WK2 Grand Cherokee capable of doing Wrangler things... without much success. I bought every upgrade imaginable, the biggest lift the independent suspension could handle, the biggest tires I could possibly fit, all the body armor available, and it still couldn't do the kinds of offroading a stock Wrangler Sport could do.

Then I finally asked myself, what the hell am I doing? Why don't I quit trying to make my GC into a Wrangler, and just get a Wrangler?

So, I got a Wrangler. And my only regret is that I didn't start with one in the first place.
You did the right thing!

Shabba84

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rode in my son's in April of 2022 ... Loved it!
My wife and I had ours by August of 2022 and I think the Gobi sand color pushed me over the edge

IMG_20230507_093839309.jpg
That sand color is off the chain! I really like it. Where did you find that bug shield?

Dune Doc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I bought my wrangler because it’s perfect for towing behind my coach.

Sponsored

JL ME

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys ,2006 Roadking , 2008 Hayabusa
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance
I had a 79 cj7 when i was 21. Fun , reliable and the chicks loved it. Now I'm 52 and was in need of a new vehicle. So i thought about all the vehicles I've had over the years and thought a 2021 Willys was the way to go!
I was not wrong. 2021 Willys 2 door soft top manual for the win!!! The only option was tow package.

20230527_151349.jpg

Last edited:

FPrice

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 4D
I was struggling in my V8 4Runner going down Mineral Creek. I let a couple Jeeps go past me. The articulation differences between the 2 vehicles was so apparent, “you could feel it” 😆. Got home and bought a Rubicon.

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution

Laxman25

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2005 Tj
My grandfather a WW2 vet had a CJ and YJ up north when I was growing up. Learned to drive with them. My first brand new Jeep was a 2005 Tj on the way to the service academy. Now I just bought my new 23 JL. Only car I know so? Does this count

Sponsored

JesseT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe
In high school a friend's CJ7 became the first (and still only) street legal vehicle I've ever caught air in. Jeeps have held a special place in my heart ever since.

Shabba84

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was struggling in my V8 4Runner going down Mineral Creek. I let a couple Jeeps go past me. The articulation differences between the 2 vehicles was so apparent, “you could feel it” 😆. Got home and bought a Rubicon.
Good play! Hard to beat a Jeep off-road.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
It’s basically the only (moderately) inexpensive vehicle that comfortably carries 4 people + stuff and also has some character. All of the CUVs and sedans under about $40-50-60k are just so bland and boring and soul sucking. The Jeep is cool and interesting, and I love taking doors/top off. Off-roading is also awesome but being a suburbs dweller I just don’t get the chance much. Plus I love the 4xe aspect, a lot of my trips are very short around town, and that’s terrible for a gas engine but an EV drivetrain doesn’t mind it at all.
Sponsored