Why did you buy your Wrangler?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
People riding in their Jeeps are like...

1685827482446.png
That's freaky! Someone looks at me like that I'm driving in the other direction!
He only rides in Jeeps during test drives, or is he the service writer ?
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you buy your Wrangler? DAA98B09-3E61-4CC4-AC1D-7F28B2D976EE
Either way, don’t close your eyes even to blink and, uh, and watch your neck, the smile can change
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you buy your Wrangler? 5AF6DBBE-F5F7-44A9-97A2-676FB5A75921
Sponsored

Sgt Pickles

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Because I sold my 2005 Rubicon to buy my first house and I never let wife forget it. I also really enjoy driving it around town with doors and top off. Perfect vehicle to take to the beach for the day(8 minute ride). Great resale value.

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
To take the kids to school top down in the warmer months, give the keys to my wife to do her errands and kids activities after school (note it's a 6-speed manual with CFII), commute to work in NJ/CT/NT traffic on the times I go in...............

and then switch gears and do this
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you buy your Wrangler? 20230603_102233

Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you buy your Wrangler? IMG_0794

Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you buy your Wrangler? 20230311_124615

Sponsored

Vito92

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2Door Willys
i wanted to offroad again like i would with my Renegade and wanted something mod friendly like i had with the Volkswagens ive owned. but was hesitant given FCA, Ste;;antis or whatever they wanna call themselves reliability. I alos wanted something that was slow.

Sponsored

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

I had a Toyota pre-Tacoma pickup for 23 years and 285,000 miles, drove it across the USA twice, but it reached the point where I would need to spend about $10k to keep it going, so decided to part with it.

I had almost bought a YJ back in 1986 when I was returning from Germany.

So - I decided to test drive the then new model 2018 JL, and it was fun to drive in a way I hadn't felt in quite a while. I also test drove a 2018 Tacoma and had the opposite experience. Not fun. It just felt too big, no over the hood visibility. So bought the 2018.

November 2021 it was totaled (rear ended), got the 2022 Willys XR (from Kent at Peterson's) and it fills in the gaps I felt with the original 2018 Sport S.

So... why? It's fun to drive.

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Got back into the game with a 2019 Wrangler unlimited sport, with just 33,000 on it, Had a 2008 wrangler back in the day

Reasons

1. It looks great & is fun to drive, how many vehicles can U say that about ??

2. Cool looking & chick magnet:CWL: MEH

3. It's my retirement vehicle, House is paid off, Decided to upgrade my ride to this

Many folks asking when I'm gonna take it off roading.

My answer to all is

My Jeep WILL NEVER go off road VOLUNTARILY.:fingerscrossed:
I mean I haven't gotten rock crawling, but I've definitely gone off-roading. I mean like overgrown muddy no longer a road, might have been just been a really wide hiking path. Down the side of a hill just to get to the stream beneath to go back up the other side.

I got my winch, and I want to get some differential skid plates before I try my hand at rock crawling. I'm not one of those guys who you're ever going to hear about how I broke something important on the trail. If I think it might break the Wrangler, I'm turning around. Maybe if I had another daily driver I might risk it a little bit, but I don't have a shit ton of money to be breaking stuff every couple months.

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I had a Toyota pre-Tacoma pickup for 23 years and 285,000 miles, drove it across the USA twice, but it reached the point where I would need to spend about $10k to keep it going, so decided to part with it.

I had almost bought a YJ back in 1986 when I was returning from Germany.

So - I decided to test drive the then new model 2018 JL, and it was fun to drive in a way I hadn't felt in quite a while. I also test drove a 2018 Tacoma and had the opposite experience. Not fun. It just felt too big, no over the hood visibility. So bought the 2018.

November 2021 it was totaled (rear ended), got the 2022 Willys XR (from Kent at Peterson's) and it fills in the gaps I felt with the original 2018 Sport S.

So... why? It's fun to drive.
I remember the first time I drove on the highway at 70 mph with my driver side door off, it was a little bit scary to be honest. But you get used to it just like anything.

I will say, all of the Wranglers that I've test driven or rented before I purchased my own, honestly none of them add up to taking off the doors and folding down the top and going for a drive. It's something you have to own one to be able to enjoy.
Sponsored