Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
All of my son’s friends at NCSU want to “borrow” it for the weekend. LOL
Well my daughter would be one of those cute high school girls borrowing mine but my attempt to teach her to drive stick was not successful.
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
We were looking at a BMW X5, an AMG G Wagon, and the Wrangler.
A great queson would be what did you cross the wrangler with. Wrangler, more than any other car, spans income ranges. Lots of peeps on this form with 911 and g wagon as other car and lots of peeps saying sport with crank up windows is stretching. Don’t see that much and it’s pretty great.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Had a 15 JK Hard Rock. The hard top needed to be repaired (1k+), the hinges were rusting, I wanted a big brake kit and some other stuff. The JL came with a lot of stuff I wanted to add to my Jk and none of the other issues.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I decided I did not want the project of fixing the rust issues on my TJ frame. It's still pretty solid, but it needs cleaned out, inner frame Eastwood treatment, por15 and who knows what else when I tear it apart. So my husband told me I should just go get a new one. He has a 17jku, so I took him up on his suggestion. My JL is supposed to be shipped tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I've always wanted a Wrangler, or whatever they were called way back when I was growing up (CJ5, I think). In Junior High School - that was a long time ago - I would see advertisements for surplus "Jeeps in a Crate", and have wanted one ever since.

I got along with a 1991 Cherokee, and then a 2002 Liberty, and now finally a Wrangler. You can see I keep Jeeps for a long time and plan to keep this one a long time as well.

Very happy to be in a JL now!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Didn't you tell her "can't find 'em, grind 'em"? She'll get the hang of it soon ;)
I did. By the time we finished it started smoking and smelled like burnt rubber. The TPMS warning came on for like 2 days. I think she traumatized it.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Had a 15 JK Hard Rock. The hard top needed to be repaired (1k+), the hinges were rusting, I wanted a big brake kit and some other stuff. The JL came with a lot of stuff I wanted to add to my Jk and none of the other issues.
A late model JK owner has a serious dilemma on their hands if they want to do 37s. Axles, brakes..no upgrade needed for th JL.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Wut. My 16 year old is driving a 2004 Honda Odyssey minivan with nearly 200k miles on it, and he’s damn lucky to have been given that.
Dang man if I was 16 year old with a minivan I would have gotten my girlfriend (who is my wife now) pregnant a lot sooner LOL

Stay frosty

Grumpy Wrangler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door JL
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve always had off road stuff. A few different jeeps over the years. We had a weekend warrior toyhauler and a few quads with all the kids grown and not seeing much use it was time to shed weight. So, the toyhualer sold quick and I was off to look for something smaller to adventure in. I was kicking tires on a JK when I saw my 2 Door Rubi JL and it was love at first sight.

BA7A3647-9E70-4154-9DAA-E75DA1D9B5F3.jpeg

Sponsored

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Three reasons... We made the "mistake" of test driving a JL last winter. Our 2012 Rubicon with 60K miles was still at a sweet resale/trade spot. And most of all, we needed something to wheel beside the wife's 1982' Toyota FJ40. It would be too expensive to fix if she broke something.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Does it make me look good? No, I am middle aged, but it makes me excited to walk to the driveway. Even better with the top down!
Heh. I feel you! I’m OldGuyNewJeep not because I’m actually old, but because being middle aged my wife teased me with, “Aren’t you too old for one of those? Are you going to be the dorky dad zipping down the neighborhood with no doors on his truck?”

I said, “You’re damn right!” LOL

(Of course, once I brought it home she loves it, but still won’t go in it with no doors.)

And my teenaged kids think it’s the best truck I’ve ever owned. They like it better than my previous Raptor.

No regrets!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Dang man if I was 16 year old with a minivan I would have gotten my girlfriend (who is my wife now) pregnant a lot sooner LOL

Stay frosty
ROFL. You and I, both! Plus, lots of room for kegs.

Here’s the difference between then and now: kids, today, are not allowed to have their peers in the car with them until they’ve been licensed for TWO years. The penalty for getting caught is massive. Fist offense, 30 day suspension. Second offense, bye bye license until age 18. I get it, and since enacting that legislation teen driving deaths have plummeted in our state. Even so, it seems awefully restrictive. When he goes on dates he and his girl have to take two cars. Nuts.

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
We have looked at Jeeps several times through the years. We loved the idea of owning one, but never really liked how they drove and rode.. That was until the JL. We actually hadn't driven one but ordered it last January based on reviews.
My wife drives it primarily. It is a 2 door, manual with soft top only. She likes it more than any vehicle she's had previously.
I drive it every chance I get also for my manual trans fix.

dogs.jpg

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I needed something more utilitarian and I like unique, which the Wrangler is, in this world of drab SUV'S and Crossovers. Actually, so many vehicles in general have become clones of each other.
I have been driving RWD manual transmission cars for years and I kept borrowing my wife's SUV whenever I needed a vehicle to pursue my hobbies. Mainly Scuba, mtn biking and loading up hockey gear.
I have always liked something about the Wrangler. I even test drove one in the mid 80's when I was in my 20's... So, it's been on my list of 'must own' vehicles for a long time.
Better late than never. :)
Sponsored