Sponsored

Why did you buy a Jeep?

Signal512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Grey Rubicon JLU
I figured I'd contribute to this question.

I've always been into European cars but had my eye on jeeps and needed something that would make hauling my mountain bike around easier than stuffing it into the trunk of an M3.

Also, after a couple of family trips to Puerto Rico and St. Thomas / St. John, I was 100% sold. Trolling around in a jeep in places like that completely sold me on it. Even though I was driving banged-up rentals.

I was on the way home from the airport in Oct and a dump truck decided to merge into my lane and opened my car like a can of tuna.

I thought, well...i'm alive and its time to get a jeep.

Picked-up a sting grey Rubicon 3 weeks ago and won't look back. Fantastic vehicle, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sponsored

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
Was driving a VW Baja Bug (long time ago) my mechanic said buy a 4X4, I saw this Blue CJ 7 in back of the dealers lot, it all started there....

Sponsored

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This is my third Jeep and I love it. I've owned tons of vehicles, mostly in the sports car genre, and there's just something about the Jeep that I keep coming back to. I think it's just that the Jeep is good at pretty much everything. It can haul everything I need, can go basically anywhere, I can take the roof and doors off, I can sleep in it, I have all the creature comforts of a luxury car, I can get it in stick(!), weather doesn't impede it. It really does everything. Okay well, it doesn't go very fast, but it nails everything else.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Reliable, parts are cheap, easy to work on, practical, fun, convertible, holds its value.

Cristiq

First Name
Cristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JL bikini wrangler, ‘06 Grand cherokee, ‘04 jeep liberty, ‘00 cherokee
Occupation
RN
This may sound crazy, but I love my wrangler because I feel safe, knowing that there is a cage around me. Maine winters are unpredictable and I have seen a wrangler roll over and the driver walked away with one scratch!
Did not feel the same way with my cherokee.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is my third Jeep and I love it. I've owned tons of vehicles, mostly in the sports car genre, and there's just something about the Jeep that I keep coming back to. I think it's just that the Jeep is good at pretty much everything. It can haul everything I need, can go basically anywhere, I can take the roof and doors off, I can sleep in it, I have all the creature comforts of a luxury car, I can get it in stick(!), weather doesn't impede it. It really does everything. Okay well, it doesn't go very fast, but it nails everything else.
You could do all of those things in a pickup truck with a canopy.

Only thing is, you’d look like uncle Abner driving it; and that ain’t very cool. :like:

1200px-Camper_shell.jpg

Sponsored

CKblue19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Unlimited, 2019 Ford Expedition, 2018 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Logistics
I sold my 69 Camaro and was shopping for a new Corvette with my 10yr old son. We drove by the jeep dealer and saw the Gladiator sitting outside. He thought it was cool looking, So, we stopped and then saw an ocean blue JL. It was love at first sight for him. We test drove it and the dealer took the soft top down for him. Those eyes looked up at me and said "dad this is my dream car. Even better than the Corvette. Dad I mean the whole top comes off." Best family ride ever.

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
I sold my 69 Camaro and was shopping for a new Corvette with my 10yr old son. We drove by the jeep dealer and saw the Gladiator sitting outside. He thought it was cool looking, So, we stopped and then saw an ocean blue JL. It was love at first sight for him. We test drove it and the dealer took the soft top down for him. Those eyes looked up at me and said "dad this is my dream car. Even better than the Corvette. Dad I mean the whole top comes off." Best family ride ever.
Congratulations.
Your son is learning to live his life :)