Sponsored

Why did you buy a Jeep?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
LOVE....
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Why did I buy a Jeep?

Because I wanted one. It’s Wrangler number 3 for me, so I knew what I was getting into. YJ, JK and this. I’ve also had an XJ and a Comanche.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Because it's the ONLY 4WD, 4 Door, POWERED Convertible Top with lots of ground clearance

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
I purchased a Jeep because, to me, it represents freedom. It’s not stuck to the pavement, and I can open the top and take the doors off and feel the wind. It’s the best of both worlds...save the acceleration of a sports car.

Sponsored

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
Style, visibility, looks of the 4 door Jeep. Bought my first JKU in 20012. Can’t say it was the most perfect vehicle I ever had but when I traded for a pickup in 16, I was never happy. Now with my 2019 JLU I am enjoying it very much.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I bought because of capability, ruggedness, true 4WD, body on frame, perfectly sized for a DD, great appearance and overall simplicity relative to 2020's standards.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Two reasons, both conveyed in this photo...
Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you buy a Jeep? Prospector and Wrangler @ rubicon Trail

i.e. flat-towing and wheeling, haha

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Our first Jeep came with my wife when we started dating. It was an old XJ she had been driving for years, and we kept it on the road until we sold it to buy something a bit more practical for her longer commute. We were Jeepless for many years, and at the time I was actually carless (motorcycle commuting full time in WA state - yea, I know) by choice. One day I was trying to ride my motorcycle on an uphill road near Duvall, WA to head towards a local woods area where target shooting is legal. I think I had about 300 rounds of ammo, 3 pistols, and one of my rifles in a scabbard on my back. I hit a patch of ice, saved the bike, but another 1/4 mile up the road was covered in snow. Apparently they hadn't cleared it yet. It was nothing for a 4wd vehicle but a motorcycle was no go. That was it...time to buy another cage.

Found an old TJ at a car lot the next day, bought it on the spot and it went from there. Got back into overland camping and we went through 3 TJ's, an LJ, and now my JL and the wife's Renegade.

Sponsored

C_Rat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport
I remember as a kid on the East Coast seeing this guy in an old Jeep Wrangler drive by with the tops and doors off. He had his foot hanging out the driver's side door. I had never seen anything like it before. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I thought to myself, I will have one of those someday.
Well, now 40 years later, I'm getting my chance. The kids have moved out and are doing their thing so my lady and I ordered our first Jeep Wrangler. It's been built and supposedly waiting to get on a train out west. I'm finding it hard to contain my excitement. I feel like that kid all over again. We can't wait to enjoy it.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I bought it for its off road capabilities, and because for me personally it's the coolest looking vehicle on the streets, bar none.

Going off road in the Jeep helps me get to a ton more places than if I were hoofing it with a ruck on my back (which I still like).

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I was in the market for an SUV because I eventually want to get married and have kids. My girlfriend and I both envision this in the future, so time to get a bit more serious about it.

I originally looked at slightly used Porsche Macan's. I really liked them but in the end it just looks like every other SUV on the road and I didn't want a soccer mom vehicle. I also wanted to keep a vehicle for a long time so I didn't want to pay the German tax as the Macan aged.

My girlfriends parents both have wranglers, and this summer due to covid we could only really travel by vehicle. So we did lots of hiking, trailing, a bit of off roading and I just thought the Wrangler was a such a cool vehicle, has so much potential and fits our outdoor lifestyle. It's pretty much an SUV you can really have fun in and customize.

I made the hard decision to sell my beloved 2015 Audi S5 coupe sports car, and bought a 2021 JLUR. I don't really miss the speed, but what I got in return was a practical mini monster truck.

It makes me feel rugged and manly.

Jeep Wrangler JL Why did you buy a Jeep? C9E974F6-8227-4D40-A255-6895463F8378

rotlex

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Looks cool. Check. Fun to drive. Check. Removable roof. Check. Great off road, snow and anywhere I want to go. Double Check. Almost as fun as my Harley but I can drive it all year. Check. Makes me the coolest Dad at the school when dropping off and picking up my 12 year old son at events. Check!

Very serious will all of those! I've owned a lot of vehicles in my years but nothing comes close to the fun factor my Wrangler gives me AND the family. Biggest problem I have with it is I may need to fork out for another one as my wife who thought she would hate it loves it more then me! (My 18 year old daughter as well)!

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Because of the last one, and the one before that, and the one before that...
Sponsored