Sponsored

Why did you buy a Jeep?

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
because, that is what the much-better-half wanted.

I can't drive a jeep....trust me...a gladiator will NOT tow our camper.

(I am pulling the trigger on an f250 tremor....if I can find a black one without the god-awful chrome everywhere).
Sponsored

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
This is the very Question I'd like to ask the folks that just complain about their Jeep non stop. I have been hooked on Jeeps since 1979. If you think your JL has issues try driving a 1978 CJ7, that thing was like driving a wagon with team of mules. It was all over the place and a fight to keep the right heading at highway speed.

For 30 plus years I had this little spark of a memory and it would make me smile every time I thought of my CJ 7. That thing was not far from an agricultural implement but it was awesome .
Fast forward 30 + years, I'm retired and I can finally buy what I want not what I need. I know this is going to sound crazy but I bought a Jeep. There is something special about a Jeep, I have owned a 4x4 continuously since that Jeep save one mistake we won't discuss and none of them filled the place in my heart that the Jeep does.

So I bought a Jeep because it's the perfect vehicle for me. No its not perfect it has issues (mine is perfect :) ) but my Sahara is great I love it and couldn't be happier. If I wasn't so practical I would have bought a Rubicon but I knew it would be a light trail and beach Jeep. Every time I drive my Sahara I am smiling if only in my heart because I am driving one of the best rigs on the road a Jeep!

IMG_2068.JPG

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
This is the very Question I'd like to ask the folks that just complain about their Jeep non stop. I have been hooked on Jeeps since 1979. If you think your JL has issues try driving a 1978 CJ7, that thing was like driving a wagon with team of mules. It was all over the place and a fight to keep the right heading at highway speed.

For 30 plus years I had this little spark of a memory and it would make me smile every time I thought of my CJ 7. That thing was not far from an agricultural implement but it was awesome .
Fast forward 30 + years, I'm retired and I can finally buy what I want not what I need. I know this is going to sound crazy but I bought a Jeep. There is something special about a Jeep, I have owned a 4x4 continuously since that Jeep save one mistake we won't discuss and none of them filled the place in my heart that the Jeep does.

So I bought a Jeep because it's the perfect vehicle for me. No its not perfect it has issues (mine is perfect :) ) but my Sahara is great I love it and couldn't be happier. If I wasn't so practical I would have bought a Rubicon but I knew it would be a light trail and beach Jeep. Every time I drive my Sahara I am smiling if only in my heart because I am driving one of the best rigs on the road a Jeep!

IMG_2068.JPG
Hey, looks familiar!!
IMG_3905.jpg

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Good deal on the day of purchase. Discounted the jlur $4000, gave me within $4000 of my purchase price on my two year old Tacoma.

miss the Tacoma. Enjoy the Jeep. Pondering buying a Tacoma again :) hard decision.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
So I won't embarrass myself doing something like this, you know, like driving down a gravel road or something:

111.jpg

2222.jpg

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I always wanted one! Just never really needed one until we moved to Wyoming. After moving here and seeing all the trails in the mountains and back roads we decided we needed something that had a short wheel base that could handle the rough roads and trails. Of course it had to be 4 wheel drive. Something that would do well in the snow with some ground clearance. A vehicle that would be able to get us to our house since we live way out in the country. A Jeep was the perfect choice. No regrets at all.
6168C54F-C6C9-42D2-AA39-B89167917B32.jpeg

A7F61932-1197-4248-B1C3-86D62C98A82E.jpeg

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
I've answered this question more eloquently a few times but you want the short, real world answer?

I'm in my mid 30's and still a kid. I love driving a giant hot wheels car and playing with it in the dirt and on the rocks. This is my 3rd Jeep Wrangler and none of that has changed. The difference with this one is now I can take my son out to play with trucks in the dirt, too. He loves it. The only difference now vs. When I actually was a kid is I have to pretend to be a normal, responsible adult the rest of the week.
giant hot wheel exactly

20200325_185139.jpg

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Because Driving anything else makes my soul sad.
Snow? HAHA lets go.
Sun? woohoo top down, doors off.
Trail? hell yeah.

Both my kids want a jeep when they drive...mission accomplished.
They will always remember our Pumpkin adventures, no kid remembers your prius.
ohh man my dad had the coolest Prius when I was a kid...said nobody EVER

I drove a 93 YJ for a few years, then bought my 98 TJ, had it for 10 years, my soul died the day I sold it, it was brought back to life a little when I got my 2000 XJ, but my 2018 JLU brought it back to full life.

My wife was against a jeep too " they're dangerous" shut your nanny ass woman...the look on her face when I came home with the Pumpkin was priceless, I defied strict orders, but she got over it, they just like to try to control you, it's a mother thing.

I wanted it, I can afford it, I am getting it...it is not up for discussion.

Sponsored

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Going to west Africa for 3 years for work, always wanted a Jeep, this seemed like the perfect opportunity to take one along.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Several reasons, chiefly, I live in Washington, two miles up a dirt road, with lots of snow and mud when it rains. I need 4wd, wanted to buy an American made car, something smaller than my Megacab, diesel 4x4....(that thing is like parking an aircraft carrier). Plus the Jeep styling is iconic. Too bad for me the Jeep now symbolizes a serious lack of reliability (blown automatic trans, ESS not charging) at only 13k miles.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
wanted one ever since Jurassic Park came out..Always had very ā€œsuburbanā€ 4WDā€™s like Pathfinders, Muranos, CRV they just werenā€™t me. Not doing trails and not many beaches here in Ohio but muddy, rocky, messy construction sites and snow roads donā€™t scare me.

So many cars look identical these days and just have zero personality, but when a wrangler is coming at you or way out in front of you... you know what it is from far away. Distinctive.

Even though i was one of many with major steering issues, after my buy back i bought another one. Now the wife wants one. so..looking for a 2017ish 2 door, soft top in a unique color
She really wants purple.
Sponsored