First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
a) Deer are everywhere on the roads I drive and steel bumpers are readily available.
2) I needed to drive on steep-ish gravel/dirt roads with tight turns on my property (mostly moving firewood and some construction materials)
iii) JL's can get decent gas mileage for daily commuting
lastly) Wranglers are awesome and it was an excuse to get into offroading.

Pickups were looking like they might be too long for where I needed to drive and they're more expensive when configured for offroading... They're also milktoast in comparison. I can pull the top and use the back the same way I could a pickup (mostly). Still waiting on a cheap-ish rack system that I could use for lumber/ladders, etc. I figured the JL's would have most of the stuff the JK's have by now, but they don't really.
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I always had lifted pickups and a built Suzuki Samurai. Always loved the CJ5 and I liked the TJ but just felt like they were too common. Couldn't get into JK styling.

Have a family, couldn't find an excuse to justify a toy. Along comes the JL... there was my excuse! Great family vehicle, and a Beast off road! Best of both worlds. A joy to drive, safe, super fuel efficient (16-17 mpg) compared to any other 4x4 I own or have owned... AND IT'S A MANUAL! Simply couldn't not have it

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
a) Deer are everywhere on the roads I drive and steel bumpers are readily available.
2) I needed to drive on steep-ish gravel/dirt roads with tight turns on my property (mostly moving firewood and some construction materials)
iii) JL's can get decent gas mileage for daily commuting
lastly) Wranglers are awesome and it was an excuse to get into offroading.
•) I like what you did there.

Sponsored

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Lexus LX570
It's pretty simple. I bought Rubicon, because Toyota does not import Land Cruiser 70 series to the USA. So, here in the USA, Jeep is the best value for the money if you need something for more difficult trails. It is also quite comfortable on-road which starts to be important at my age. Trying to modify any available Toyota would cost me much more.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I wear baseball cap. I believe in Bigfoot . I eat steaks and drink beer. I do not shave and shower every day. I wear boots on Sundays and I hate shopping malls.
Best. Answer. Ever.

Lamb_8167

First Name
Linette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Recon
I’ve loved the Wrangler for about 25 years now. It started back when they were in its basic 2 door form, no fuss no muss. My son was 2 or 3 and I told the husband I wanted to test drive it despite its impracticality at the time. It was everything I thought it would be and was hooked but held off. Fast forward to 2011 and I got my first Wrangler. A 2009 JKU sport. Loved it. I’m on my 4th Wrangler - a 2 door JL Sport. It’s my favorite so far. It just feels like home. Idk how to explain it. I will never not own a Wrangler. It’s in my blood.