Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
Wranglers have always been a dream car for me. One of two actually, back when I was little it was the idea of driving on sand or mud in the sun that make me love the idea. When I turned 16 (2009) and got my drivers license I was actually looking at TJs; trying to find an old one that I could afford... no such luck. So I inherited an old Toyota echo. Fast forward a few years and I was presented with a chance of buying a JKU sport for a good price... fell in love during the first test drive... fast forward another 6 years and now I have my 2019 JLUR. Literal dream come true. Two months in and I still get shivers as I sit in traffic thinking, "I can't believe I am sitting in my dream car right now!!!!",.... My dream as a kid was just a Jeep. I didn't even know what a Wrangler was, let alone a Rubicon, but I knew the shape, the style and what it offered...a jeep was not a "Jeep Wrangler" a jeep was a box on wheels with round lights and fender flares that drove on the beach and had no top. However once I started learning about Jeeps and so on it became clear that my goal was a Rubicon. With a soft-top. That was blue.

My other dream car costs a couple million more than a Jeep... so there might be a fair bit more fast forwarding before I am anywhere near able to afford that....
Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted a convertible. I needed a 4x4 with clearance for 2-3 months out of the year. I do lots of conf calls out of my car while commuting, so a good Bluetooth and tech were important.

Exactly one rig available that met these qualifications.

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
I'm probably not drunk enough to contribute pudding to this thread.

167" long, 285 HP, 33" tires, no competition. Toyota stopped making the FJ, idiots.

The manual transmission is just icing, I'm 53 and have never owned an automatic. So, maybe a little more than Icing.

Dana 44s with manual lockers, dreamy.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I've answered this question more eloquently a few times but you want the short, real world answer?

I'm in my mid 30's and still a kid. I love driving a giant hot wheels car and playing with it in the dirt and on the rocks. This is my 3rd Jeep Wrangler and none of that has changed. The difference with this one is now I can take my son out to play with trucks in the dirt, too. He loves it. The only difference now vs. When I actually was a kid is I have to pretend to be a normal, responsible adult the rest of the week.

Sponsored

Mud Yapster

First Name
Mud Yapster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
1st off been running 2 UTVs or SXSs Canam Maverick XMR 1000s in the mud and hills since 2011 and loving it. We've had ATVs also since 1999. Put over 15,000 miles in back country and mudding in our UTVs and who knows how many miles on ATVs.
Fast forward to today and about 3 weeks ago we get a call at 9:30pm from my mother-in-law saying she won a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport fully loaded and needed a ride to go pick it up. She's 70 and doesn't want something like that to drive around and wants to now if her daughter wants it. My wife looked at me I smiled and said HELL YEAH!!!
We picked it up at a dealership close to Houston and drive it home. Over the last few weeks we've put 1100 miles on it on the back country trails only making it to town for more fuel. Changed the Pennzoil in it at 700 miles along the way and last night UPS delivered the new tags for it. Tomorrow FedEx delivers our rock sliders. GY MT/Rs tires are next.
Man can life get any better!!!! Free Jeep fully loaded well minus the TTL and insurance. We are in our mid 50s so let the good times keep rolling right into retirement. We live 10 miles from any town and close to 170,000 acres of adventure to explore. Dreams do come true!!! I don't know much about Jeeps but I'm trying to learn fast as I can. I have found out one thing for sure, 1 day of riding in the woods = 1 day of cleaning. LOL I'm looking forward to learning all I can from my Jeep friends.
20191115_143616.jpg

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I know this is a bit off topic but I literally just drank some heath freak juice my wife bought and I instantly have to take a dump. I think there was black berries in it? Lord Jesus I have to go. Be back soon!
Why cant you take your lap top with you ? Im sittin right here at 5 am ( :ontheloo: ) , catching up with all the inanity.

Also thinking that I wish my Jeep was a mid life crisis thing , but unfortunately , its a late life crisis purchase.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Because like Colorado, we get snow where I live.

....And my JLUR is a bit roomier than the Lamborghini....

.....that I don't have......

...but I'm sure it's roomier....

20136356_3_600_535.jpg

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Why cant you take your lap top with you ? Im sittin right here at 5 am ( :ontheloo: ) , catching up with all the inanity.

Also thinking that I wish my Jeep was a mid life crisis thing , but unfortunately , its a late life crisis purchase.
I had my phone with me but it was a bit intense, know what I mean hahaha

Sponsored

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I came to my JLUR for a few reasons. I'm 6'2" and 300 pounds, but spend the better part of my adulthood with a passion for Miatas. I've had several, but decided to be responsible when kids came into the picture. I always missed the "purpose built" car. They give a feeling. They aren't just a car. Miatas gave me that, and the Wrangler does too!

Second reason, we travel out west each summer and have gotten the most enjoyment from exploring backcountry. We used our F150 for the purpose, as it also towed the travel trailer. Well, we had a 3 year plan to switch over to a motorhome so that we could tow a Jeep. The F150 could only take us to a small percentage of what we wanted to see.

A bonus is how much fun it's been as a commuter! I know we poke fun at Mall Crawlers, but I think there are enough reasons to justify a Wrangler even if you never got off the pavement.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I came to my JLUR for a few reasons. I'm 6'2" and 300 pounds, but spend the better part of my adulthood with a passion for Miatas. I've had several, but decided to be responsible when kids came into the picture. I always missed the "purpose built" car. They give a feeling. They aren't just a car. Miatas gave me that, and the Wrangler does too!
I loved my Miatas... had 4 of them. Same struggles as to how to balance them with family, etc. And they really started working on my left knee getting in and out of them. I may still get another one because I would like to do an LS conversion with one, but for a daily driver the Jeep wins.

a0101465.jpeg

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Jeep because I found driving a truck 75 MPH on the interstate too easy. I could just stay in my lane without really working for it. I never almost plowed into 18-wheelers when they passed me from their draft. And I didn’t have to constantly buy after market parts to correct the factory short comings. That’s way too boring.

On top of that, I’m trying to support our oil and gas industry and with every other vehicle made consuming less fuel, it was a no brainer.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Jeep because I found driving a truck 75 MPH on the interstate too easy. I could just stay in my lane without really working for it. I never almost plowed into 18-wheelers when they passed me from their draft. And I didn’t have to constantly buy after market parts to correct the factory short comings. That’s way too boring.

On top of that, I’m trying to support our oil and gas industry and with every other vehicle made consuming less fuel, it was a no brainer.
In fact, the average Jeep Wrangler carries around tires made with enough fossil material to fuel a Prius for a year...:CWL:
Sponsored