First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S color Mojito!
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I love convertibles, open air, the more open the better. I had a few convertible cars when younger, Mustang was my favorite. A friend had a Jeep and getting it naked, well, that’s the most open air feeling you can get. Fell in love with that. Plus being able to do other things like trail riding some tough trails in its stock form.
Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
I felt like it. Tried buying one a couple other times over the course of my driving years. Got tired of asking for help when I got my (truck-based) Explorer stuck hubs deep several times. The time was right so I pulled the trigger.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I had a rubicon about 7 years ago and did quite a bit of offroading with it. after I got rid of it I went to BMW's. a few months ago as my lease was ending I started looking at other cars. I was going to get a new mini cooper. probably the most fun car I ever drove, then I decided to see what jeep has done in 7 years and it was a lot. Enough to sway me back. Even if I dont do any off roading again with it, I love this car. this 2.0 turbo has almost as much oomph as my bmw did. I dont miss bmw at all. As a matter of fact, at my dealership I saw several so called luxury cars that were being traded in for jeeps. They really have come a long way
Interesting reading your post. You sound like me!

I just turned my 2016 Mini Cooper S back in after a 3 year lease (funnest vehicle out of the 35 I have owned... besides my JLRU!). Before that, 2013 BMW 328. Before that, a 2 dr. 2012 Rubicon.
Now I have my 2020 JLRU that I ordered.

Interesting how those that are attracted to quality and performance are also attracted to the Wrangler.

Last edited:

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I go back to when I was in high school and doing the muscle car thing, but one friend had a Golden Eagle CJ-7. We had a blast riding around in that thing. Later, I bought an 89 XJ, then later still a 97 TJ, then my wife got a 99 XJ Classic, then I found this sweet 91 Grand Wagoneer that I wish I still had, but continuing on, we added a 00 XJ Sport, then I bought my sisters 98 TJ, and then a new at the time 12 JKUR. As you can see, that left me with only 7 Jeeps. I had to get the 8th one to make it an even number. I do the same with beer.

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I think it’s a fantasy car for a lot of people, a car most people like but isn’t practical. I’ve had so many people tell me how they love Jeeps and they’re jealous and how fun they are but these people would never buy one. There isn’t another car like it. It’s a big commitment and a big step to purchase one, it’s a completely different machine.

Also, it’s a fun car that stands out so maybe the more conservative personalities stay away from them unless they need one for work or something. I feel like people with bolder personalities would be more likely to buy them, especially the 2 door. I only say that because it seems like the 4 door has been accepted as more of an SUV, around here anyway. You see someone driving around doors and top off and you know they’re having fun!

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
[Enters a dimly lit office with a middle aged man with beard. Lays down on couch.] "I'd guess it all started with the TV shows in the 80's of my childhood. There were Jeeps in all of the shows then. Daisy Duke had her Golden Eagle CJ, and MacGyver had his YJ. There were always some Army Jeeps on A-team or MASH too......."