Why did you buy a Jeep?

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I was a sedan person. The we rented a Jeep on vacation. I knew before I left the parking lot I had to have one.

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
I wanted something that was offroad capable but still made a good daily driver and could hold a car seat. I was originally considering a 4Runner TRD but was not impressed with the interior or driving characteristics. Also felt really underpowered. I appreciate how much work went into making the JLUR such a good all around Jeep. Interior is well thought out and i was impressed with the power and gas mileage of the 3.6. Its also given me an excuse to venture further off the beaten path and its fun to get out in nature with the family. My kids have spent way too much time inside since quarantine and this Jeep allowed us to get out more often.

matz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
As you get older a lot gets taken from you due to the necessities of being a functioning adult so it’s important to incorporate leisure into your life and be a kid at times. With that in mind, when I was a kid my grandpa bought me a remote control black Jeep Wrangler and I wanted one ever since. Well it took damn near 25 years but I’ve been driving a black 2020 wrangler for three months or so now and I can’t be happier every time I get behind the wheel. Stay young fellas!

Sponsored

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I have a friend in Japan who thought my Jeep was so wild when I sent a picture. Is that Fuji Rakusa rest stop in that picture. I had family from very near there.
The photo was taken earlier this year.. don’t recall the name of the SA, but close to Mt. Fuji for sure.

Truckn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon V6 6spd Manual || 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SR5 V6 5spd Manual
When my daughter was born I needed a family car...
So I traded my Corvette for a Camaro.
Not my best decision...
So I traded my Camaro for a Wrangler.

Honestly, I like the Wrangler better and I feel it's much more "me"

I've never been an off-road person, but now I want to be so my wife and I are looking for trails.

Shabba84

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Greetings again...I could not find this question in the forum but am sure it’s out there. Why did you guys buy a Jeep? Value? Probably not. Comfort? Probably not. Cool factor? Off road capability? For me, I love the way I feel when driving it. I know there’s a zillion out there now but mine feels unique to me. Wondering what the rest of you think?
I’ve been driving full sized 4WD pickups for years. My last one was an F-150 Lariat. My wife and I went to St Thomas for a couple of weeks last October. We rented a 2020 4 door Jeep Wrangler S and I loved driving it. I liked the ride and the handling of it. I was hooked. Last Dec I traded in my F-150 and my wife sold her BMZ X-3 and we both bought Jeep Wranglers. We love them, even with the horrible gas mileage.
Sponsored