Sponsored

Why did t the rubicon get the enhanced rails?

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
If Jeep did it right the “Moab” should have been the new version of the Rubicon Hardrock. That I could have got behind.
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Ok so this conversation has gone so far off the rails I’ve got to wade in. First of all the Rubicon has been and always will be the top of the line most capable Jeep Wrangler. Second the Sahara is an overly expensive wrangler with leather, extra paint, and tech which you can replicate with options on the Rubicon but which the reverse is impossible (sway bar disconnect, front and rear wheel lockers. Ect). The “Moab” sits between. Refinements of the Sahara with some, not all, the capability of the Rubicon. Most noteably no front and rear wheel lockers or sway bar disconnect (and if you don’t no what that means look it up Noob). The side rails that I’ve seen are the same Ruby rock rails l. However lame Sahara step rails are also available (which kill ground clearance). Here is a quote from Jeep. “It’s based on the four-door Wrangler Sahara trim, but it gets a good amount of parts from the higher-range Rubicon trim.”. Higher range being the key point here. Don’t get me wrong. I commend all jeepers. You can buy a sport and build it up to be a Ruby killer but don’t confuse the badge for status.
The MOAB doesn’t get any “capability” of the Rubicon, does it? It’s all cosmetic, unless you call the steel bumper and KM2 tires as capability - neither of which is standard on the Rubicon.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
The MOAB doesn’t get any “capability” of the Rubicon, does it? It’s all cosmetic, unless you call the steel bumper and KM2 tires as capability - neither of which is standard on the Rubicon.
Seeing that I removed those skinny KM2 tires day one for larger 35" my opinion would be not much. As for the steel bumper sure....but now sure why that justifies a hood decal.

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seeing that I removed those skinny KM2 tires day one for larger 35" my opinion would be not much. As for the steel bumper sure....but now sure why that justifies a hood decal.
LOL. Still not following. The MOAB version isn’t any more capable than a Sahara or Sport. It just has some Rubicon flare. You are the one who said it was more capable and I’m trying to understand why.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. Still not following. The MOAB version isn’t any more capable than a Sahara or Sport. It just has some Rubicon flare. You are the one who said it was more capable and I’m trying to understand why.
The point of my post was only to clarify confusion on the part of some members questioning if the Moab or Sahara where better/higher end models than the Rubicon to which I would say no. Personally I don't get the Moab's appeal but I'm not going to rain on your parade. A rock rail and a steel bumper would by definition add capability. As I'm sure you know a rock/performance rail allows you slide the frame edges over rocks (not recommended but its been done). The steel bumper allows you to mount a winch plate and winch which would absolutely add capability. You can also remove the end caps and provide more clearance for the front wheels.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The point of my post was only to clarify confusion on the part of some members questioning if the Moab or Sahara where better/higher end models than the Rubicon to which I would say no. Personally I don't get the Moab's appeal but I'm not going to rain on your parade. A rock rail and a steel bumper would by definition add capability. As I'm sure you know a rock/performance rail allows you slide the frame edges over rocks (not recommended but its been done). The steel bumper allows you to mount a winch plate and winch which would absolutely add capability. You can also remove the end caps and provide more clearance for the front wheels.
LOL. I have no parade. I bought a Sahara and have already modified it to be better than a MOAB, IMO. My question was with regard to your comment about a MOAB having more capabilities than a Sahara, which I don’t think it does. Just wanted to ensure I wasn’t missing something.

IMO, rock rails and a steel bumper isn’t “capability” but rather accessories. Lockers, sway bar disconnects - those are capabilities. We can disagree and and that’s fine. Just trying to figure out if I was missing something.

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
LOL. I have no parade. I bought a Sahara and have already modified it to be better than a MOAB, IMO. My question was with regard to your comment about a MOAB having more capabilities than a Sahara, which I don’t think it does. Just wanted to ensure I wasn’t missing something.

IMO, rock rails and a steel bumper isn’t “capability” but rather accessories. Lockers, sway bar disconnects - those are capabilities. We can disagree and and that’s fine. Just trying to figure out if I was missing something.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored