Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Why did I buy a Jeep Wrangler?
For a few obvious reasons and a not so obvious reason.

Obviously it is such a cool versatile vehicle. Great off-roading and winter driving. Great convertible in the summer time and fun to drive even in town. It also gets decent gas mileage for a box on wheels.

Not so obvious reason. It was on my bucket list. To order a brand new vehicle from the factory exactly the way I wanted it. The Jeep Wrangler was it because of the obvious reasons listed above.

Why the bucket list? Of course most of my friends here know the reason. For those that don't, I was Diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2010, in remission since 2011.

Why did I choose Mojito (green)? Lime green is the Cancer Ribbon color for Lymphoma. So with the Jeep on my bucket list and green color it just fits.

FUHL license plate and user name. This plate has been on a few vehicles and on the Jeep it makes the most sense. What does FUHL mean? It is kind of an acronym, the H L stands for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My clever wife came up with that.

The reason for this post. In 2012 my Wife wanted to find someway to help those still fighting. She discovered "The Big Climb" fund raiser. The best part is some of the funds go directly to patients. It helps with hotel rooms for family members, transport to treatments, etc. This will be our 7th year and we have raised almost $10,000.

If you would like to donate on our behalf please clink the links below.
Admins, if not ok, I can delete the links.
Screenshot_20181025-192247_crop_432x432.jpg
FB_IMG_1539980850067.jpg
IMG_20181023_174050.jpg

Team FUHL. https://www.llswa.org/site/TR?fr_id=1650&pg=entry

My page. https://www.llswa.org/site/TR/LLSWA/llswaBC?px=1876595&pg=personal&fr_id=1650
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Exellent! I'm glad you're still with us my friend!

Champ306

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JK, 18 JL
Great! Glad you are here and enjoying the Jeep.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Robert, @FUHL , having seen you "around the bboard," I assumed that the handle FUHL might have been some, say, German inspired spelling of "fuel," i.e. gasoline.

Now I'm wondering, in my ignorance, if the "HL" in FUHL stands for something related to Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and maybe the "F" stands for "fight."

Educate us. And if I may for a brief second "educate" others (I'm not the standard, others are not stupid, and you probably have forgotten more about this than I know.)

Cancer sucks. No doubt. But of the cancers to get, yours and Multiple Myeloma offer some of the best quality and longevity outcomes--not to discount what kinds of unholy hell you may have been and continue to be going through.

We are all dying...and living, it's just a matter of degree. Though I am very thankful I am not in your situation (at least I don't think I am--you never know) I too have had my share of health concerns that led me to make the same purchase decisions for some of the same reasons you did.

We must all find the right balance of spending that allows us to save for tomorrow, while at the same time living today; as tomorrow is not certain.

Peace brother.

hai5rockin

First Name
Hai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patriot, MOAB 19
Why did I buy a Jeep Wrangler?
For a few obvious reasons and a not so obvious reason.

Obviously it is such a cool versatile vehicle. Great off-roading and winter driving. Great convertible in the summer time and fun to drive even in town. It also gets decent gas mileage for a box on wheels.

Not so obvious reason. It was on my bucket list. To order a brand new vehicle from the factory exactly the way I wanted it. The Jeep Wrangler was it because of the obvious reasons listed above.

Why the bucket list? Of course most of my friends here know the reason. For those that don't, I was Diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2010, in remission since 2011.

Why did I choose Mojito (green)? Lime green is the Cancer Ribbon color for Lymphoma. So with the Jeep on my bucket list and green color it just fits.

FUHL license plate and user name. This plate has been on a few vehicles and on the Jeep it makes the most sense. What does FUHL mean? It is kind of an acronym, the H L stands for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My clever wife came up with that.

The reason for this post. In 2012 my Wife wanted to find someway to help those still fighting. She discovered "The Big Climb" fund raiser. The best part is some of the funds go directly to patients. It helps with hotel rooms for family members, transport to treatments, etc. This will be our 8th year and we have raised almost $10,000.

If you would like to donate on our behalf please clink the links below.
Admins, if not ok, I can delete the links.
Screenshot_20181025-192247_crop_432x432.jpg
FB_IMG_1539980850067.jpg
IMG_20181023_174050.jpg

Team FUHL. http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/llswaBC?team_id=67853&pg=team&fr_id=1623

My page. http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/llswaBC?px=1838857&pg=personal&fr_id=1623
Bless you my friend! ride on!

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Robert, @FUHL , having seen you "around the bboard," I assumed that the handle FUHL might have been some, say, German inspired spelling of "fuel," i.e. gasoline.

Now I'm wondering, in my ignorance, if the "HL" in FUHL stands for something related to Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and maybe the "F" stands for "fight."

Educate us. And if I may for a brief second "educate" others (I'm not the standard, others are not stupid, and you probably have forgotten more about this than I know.)

Cancer sucks. No doubt. But of the cancers to get, yours and Multiple Myeloma offer some of the best quality and longevity outcomes--not to discount what kinds of unholy hell you may have been and continue to be going through.

We are all dying...and living, it's just a matter of degree. Though I am very thankful I am not in your situation (at least I don't think I am--you never know) I too have had my share of health concerns that led me to make the same purchase decisions for some of the same reasons you did.

We must all find the right balance of spending that allows us to save for tomorrow, while at the same time living today; as tomorrow is not certain.

Peace brother.
My money for the FU part of FUHL is for F You HL. I like it and agree! Cancer sucks!

Brett

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
My money for the FU part of FUHL is for F You HL. I like it and agree! Cancer sucks!

Brett
Quite possibly!:)...as it may be that our children will deal with cancer as a chronic condition, like arthritis, that doesn't kill us and at best only serves as source of tolerable aggravation...no disrespect to rheumatoid arthritis sufferers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FUHL

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
FUHL

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Peace brother.
Yes, Hodgkin's is one of the "Best" ones to get. A very good recovery rate.
With that said the treatment almost killed me twice. I had Chemo and radiation that spanned 6 months. I can't imagine what it is like to need more than that. It was hell. That is one of the reasons for the fund raiser, to help those still fighting the fight.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I love the whole story! Glad you are still here. Oh, love the Jeep!

OP
OP
FUHL

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to all for the kind words.
Also Thank you to all that donated, we are up to $543

OP
OP
FUHL

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I update the links for this year's event, March 22nd 2020.
This will be our 8th year for this.
Sponsored