Sponsored

Why can't Jeep just build a Wrangler (Anything) with a 300hp/350ftlbs V8 for the same pricing of the V6 or I4?

crystalbackJL

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Jeep...We asked for a V8 and you gave us a 392 Wrangler for $80,000.

Why can't you build a 300/350 V8 for "us" your customers a simple basic V8 package? Why Not?

I just want the torque and the sound of the classic V8. I don't need 470/470.
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)

Why can't you build a 300/350 V8 for "us" your customers a simple basic V8 package? Why Not?

While I'd absolutely love to have a more reasonably-priced 300 to 400HP/TQ v8, I'm really hoping Stel gets their shit together and either quickly puts their new blown i6 in the Wrangler, or at the very least releases the 2.0T SRT tune as a factory option (supercharged Pentastar as a factory option would be an even better idea, imo).

There's really no good reason that we have so many damn engine choices, but nothing reasonably priced over 300HP/TQ and f'ing nothing at all for the 2-door.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
American automakers used to sell horsepower for cheap; European automakers on the other hand, always put a price premium on horsepower. Jeep has been owned by Europeans long enough that it now too charges a premium for horsepower.

Plus FCA now has to pass on to the customer the cost of the fines for failing to meet its CAFE numbers.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Plus FCA now has to pass on to the customer the cost of the fines for failing to meet its CAFE numbers.
Not getting into politics or anything, but what would happen if the mfgs just didn't pay these fines? I mean, this is the same country that bailed out a lot of the auto industry not all that long ago, so I really don't see them getting shut down for just ignoring them.

Or maybe they could all implement an "economy" mode and a "sport/performance" mode (adjusting ECU tune, throttle response, cylinder deactivation, etc) to improve their numbers? And maybe release a few batches of solar-powered bicycles or something, lol.

If Stellantis can continue producing ultra high-performance vehicles like the upcoming 900HP SRT Hellcat Redeye, they can certainly give consumers something reasonably priced in the 300 to 400HP/TQ segment.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

And only one of them makes enough HP/TQ...
The 4xe delivers significantly more horsepower and torque than OP was asking for. It does, however, sound horrible.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not getting into politics or anything, but what would happen if the mfgs just didn't pay these fines? I mean, this is the same country that bailed out a lot of the auto industry not all that long ago, so I really don't see them getting shut down for just ignoring them.
What do you think would happen if you refuse to pay your taxes...?

Wanna give it a try and let us know...? 😫

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

Or maybe they could all implement an "economy" mode and a "sport/performance" mode (adjusting ECU tune, throttle response, cylinder deactivation, etc) to improve their numbers? And maybe release a few batches of solar-powered bicycles or something, lol.

If Stellantis can continue producing ultra high-performance vehicles like the upcoming 900HP SRT Hellcat Redeye, they can certainly give consumers something reasonably priced in the 300 to 400HP/TQ segment.
The corn fed Redeye is sadly a grand finale, swan song, going out in a blaze of glory end of an era. It should immediately qualify for historical vehicle plates, along with all Hellcats! All V8’s are on borrowed time and soon to follow!

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
What do you think would happen if you refuse to pay your taxes...?

Wanna give it a try and let us know...? 😫
Ahh, hell nah. Nope, no. But we both know that I don't hold the same weight and importance to our economy as a multinational corporation that does $150B in revenue each year in a sector that received massive bailouts in late 2008, as opposed to letting them falter. Little different scenario imo.

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited / 2023 Jeep 392 XR

yes, the 5.7 Hemi with a dual-mode exhaust like the 392 would be a sweet option😎

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
We are children, and cannot be trusted with inexpensive power. These Eco-Nut politicians are sucking the fun out of life.

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
saw a jeep with a ford 302 at a local quick stop. he had to manufacture a plate to match up the tranny to the engine. He was in a hurry so didn't get to ask more questions. He said the jeep was awesome. It sounded great. Been trying to catch him again and get particulars on trans etc.
Sponsored