Sponsored

Why can’t I find anything in stock anywhere for a new JL?

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I’m sure you have already looked but Northridge4x4 has almost everything in stock.
Yep that's where I got the Tazer and the Rock Hard Skids from.
I spread my parts orders over a couple different vendors that I have used for several years.

Edit: many times vendors will seem to have some things in stock and after you order you find out otherwise. Vendors are in a tough spot many times between customers and manufacturers.
Sponsored

Drawls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Water distribution
Vehicle Showcase
Yep that's where I got the Tazer and the Rock Hard Skids from.
I spread my parts orders over a couple different vendors that I have used for several years.
Copy. I was able to get my X factor lift and falcon shocks from the about two months ago. Now I see they have fox shocks as well. I have been waiting on someone to come out with a tire swing. I really like the crawler concepts one for the JL hopefully they will make it for the JL soon.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Copy. I was able to get my X factor lift and falcon shocks from the about two months ago. Now I see they have fox shocks as well. I have been waiting on someone to come out with a tire swing. I really like the crawler concepts one for the JL hopefully they will make it for the JL soon.
My wife and I have been bouncing those options around too. We are leaning hard towards a Genrite aluminum and getting rid of the factory steel bumper and installing an ACE Minimalist "Hammertown" rear bumper. We made a really bad mistake getting the factory steel bumpers. They look really great but that's where it ends.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I’ve not had any problems getting everything I have wanted for my 2 door, Barricade front bumper, winch, Tuffy lock box, PIAA fog light, DV8 vented inner front fenders, wheels and tires, steering stabilizer, replacement LED headlights, diode dynamics switchback LEDs, reverse LEDs, door sill guard, Mopar floor mats, Alien shield, stubby antenna, CB radio and antenna mount, axle back muffler, JCR Off-road rock rails, K&N air filter, take back seat out, remove euro bumper pieces, tinted windows. Couple of those were free ;). I’ve done a lot. I only had to wait for the JCR rock rails while they made them, everything else was available.

Bumper, winch and PIAA light gets installed on wed. Next is a mount for ARB compressor under the hood, ordered today, and of course the ARB compressor.

You must choose wisely, tons you can do now, doors and fenders are slow to come to the market. And with winter coming, doors were never on my plan.

98F29C00-3C72-4D1B-8142-BAB92473E61E.jpeg

BCF5A845-D30E-43EB-8D1C-5A5B7C282BEE.jpeg

8478ABF2-50A1-420C-A992-0D1660D02A77.jpeg

Last edited:

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Today I ordered wheel spacers from QUADRATEC, I also called and spoke with them ensuring that it was a pair that I was ordering and they were not singles.. They assured me that they were priced as pairs, so I ordered two pairs of spacers. Shortly afterwards they emailed me telling me to call them ASAP about my order. They wanted to make sure that the spacers were for a Jeep JL and not for some other model of jeep. I assured them that I had a "JL" and that my order was correct. About an hour later I received another email advising me that my spacers were "out of stock" and they had to be back ordered. Why in the world didn't Quadratec tell me in the first place that they didn't have these spacers in stock? Shame on them ! I Cancelled my order with them. NorthRidge 4x4 had them "IN STOCK" at the same price with free shipping....They were shipped same day. THANKS NORTHRIDGE4x4. PLUS....while I was ordering the parts....customer service came online and informed me that the spacers were "IN STOCK".

Northridge4x4; 01 ..........and Quadratec" 0 Northridge4x4 wins today. Quadratec was simply dishonest with me. They should have informed me as soon as they realized the spacers were out of stock......before I checked out. 3 emails and 2 phone calls before they emailed me the bad news. They should notified me.
On the other hand Northridge 4x4 had a Customer service rep with me from the beginning of my order and was checking on my order as I was completing it. That was good service !

Sponsored

WestKY

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4, Jl 2Dr Sport Granite Cyrstal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
This won't help you any, but the aftermarket stuff for 2dr's is even worse.
I don't think even Mopar was informed that JL's were built lol. Your right 2dr stuff is near impossible to find.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genrite carrier and ACE hammertown
I’ve not had any problems getting everything I have wanted for my 2 door, Barricade front bumper, winch, Tuffy lock box, PIAA fog light, DV8 vented inner front fenders, wheels and tires, steering stabilizer, replacement LED headlights, diode dynamics switchback LEDs, reverse LEDs, door sill guard, Mopar floor mats, Alien shield, stubby antenna, CB radio and antenna mount, axle back muffler, JCR Off-road rock rails, K&N air filter, take back seat out, remove euro bumper pieces, tinted windows. Couple of those were free ;). I’ve done a lot. I only had to wait for the JCR rock rails while they made them, everything else was available.

Bumper, winch and PIAA light gets installed on wed. Next is a mount for ARB compressor under the hood, ordered today, and of course the ARB compressor.

You must choose wisely, tons you can do now, doors and fenders are slow to come to the market. And with winter coming, doors were never on my plan.
]
The DV8 fender liners are nice still deciding between those and Airtec.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Genrite carrier and ACE hammertown

The DV8 fender liners are nice still deciding between those and Airtec.
Only downside on the DV8 I can share, is that the black frame and vented silver area are separate parts. You have to screw them together. I went a step further, and ran a bead of silicone between them, and then screwed them together. If you look at the pic, there’s a lot of screws. Time will tell if the screws loosen, or if a rattle is experienced between the pieces. Which is why I did the silicone. Also, there are two black frames, and two silver vented pieces per side. The two frame pieces screw together via two screws also, when you install.

If the Airtec are solid pieces, that don’t require separate pieces be screwed together, might be better. But, I really like the look of the DV8.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Just a heads up. Our site shows live inventory. if it says in stock it is in our inventory and we physically have it and it will ship

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only downside on the DV8 I can share, is that the black frame and vented silver area are separate parts. You have to screw them together. I went a step further, and ran a bead of silicone between them, and then screwed them together. If you look at the pic, there’s a lot of screws. Time will tell if the screws loosen, or if a rattle is experienced between the pieces. Which is why I did the silicone. Also, there are two black frames, and two silver vented pieces per side. The two frame pieces screw together via two screws also, when you install.

If the Airtec are solid pieces, that don’t require separate pieces be screwed together, might be better. But, I really like the look of the DV8.
The Airtecs are one piece and they have them for the rear as well. I don't mind two piece at all so that doesn't matter. The DV8s do appear to have allot more screen for breathing as long as it doesn't allow too much splash debris into the engine compartment. How have yours been when running dusty or sloppy trails? The extra ventilation is what made me look harder at them.

Sponsored

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Today I ordered wheel spacers from QUADRATEC, I also called and spoke with them ensuring that it was a pair that I was ordering and they were not singles.. They assured me that they were priced as pairs, so I ordered two pairs of spacers. Shortly afterwards they emailed me telling me to call them ASAP about my order. They wanted to make sure that the spacers were for a Jeep JL and not for some other model of jeep. I assured them that I had a "JL" and that my order was correct. About an hour later I received another email advising me that my spacers were "out of stock" and they had to be back ordered. Why in the world didn't Quadratec tell me in the first place that they didn't have these spacers in stock? Shame on them ! I Cancelled my order with them. NorthRidge 4x4 had them "IN STOCK" at the same price with free shipping....They were shipped same day. THANKS NORTHRIDGE4x4. PLUS....while I was ordering the parts....customer service came online and informed me that the spacers were "IN STOCK".

Northridge4x4; 01 ..........and Quadratec" 0 Northridge4x4 wins today. Quadratec was simply dishonest with me. They should have informed me as soon as they realized the spacers were out of stock......before I checked out. 3 emails and 2 phone calls before they emailed me the bad news. They should notified me.
On the other hand Northridge 4x4 had a Customer service rep with me from the beginning of my order and was checking on my order as I was completing it. That was good service !
Sorry to see this. Can you please PM me your order number? I know you canceled the order, but I would like to see what happened and how to prevent it from happening again in the future.

Thank you much!

-Rick

RI Music Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6-spd manual
Occupation
Daddy/Pipe Organ Tech/Musician
Had the same issue with CJ Pony Parts. I ordered mirrors to run with doors off before the summer goes away here in New England. I got an email saying they were supposed to ship 2 wks ago. Two days after that, they said they won't receive them from the manufacturer until mid-October....LONG after I'd be able to use them here. I was passing through Harrisburg last week, so I stopped in to see about any other options they had. They DID have the polished (chrome) versions of the mirrors I wanted, but we all agreed they would NOT look good on a Punk'n Wrangler with black trim. The guys explained that since the JL's are new, everyone is buying up all of the parts as soon as they hit the stores. Frustrating, but it makes sense.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a heads up. Our site shows live inventory. if it says in stock it is in our inventory and we physically have it and it will ship
Do you have a Poison Spyder Bruiser rear Bumper and tire swing / carier in stock or can you get them?

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to see this. Can you please PM me your order number? I know you canceled the order, but I would like to see what happened and how to prevent it from happening again in the future.

Thank you much!

-Rick
Do you have a Poison Spyder Bruiser rear bumper and tire carrier in stock JLUR

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
The Airtecs are one piece and they have them for the rear as well. I don't mind two piece at all so that doesn't matter. The DV8s do appear to have allot more screen for breathing as long as it doesn't allow too much splash debris into the engine compartment. How have yours been when running dusty or sloppy trails? The extra ventilation is what made me look harder at them.
No experience yet that I can share, sorry.
Sponsored